some ideas

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

danleej
Peon
Peon

some ideas

Post by danleej »

I was wondering if maybe we could have a map with undead, the map would be a cemetery and a ghost town complete with caves and such underneath the town, I don't know if the effects can handle it or not but it would be in continual darkness and foggy, there would be some NPC's, I think ghosts, a holy cleric and a necromancer maybe for the NPC's. The ghosts would be for info and some lower lvl style quests, such as finding something of their's from when they were alive, for the necromancer and cleric you can choose only 1 of the 2. For the necromancer it has to be something that you get for him so he can cast a dark spell, and of course the reward would be something of a darker nature perhaps a choice even, if this is implemented, then for magic users (for when magic is brought over) it could be a spell, perhaps raise a monster that was recently killed ( I know you have a few seconds with the monster on the screen before it disappears so perhaps they have that amount of time to "resurrect" that monster), or for anyone else an item of some sort again of darker nature. For the cleric, you have to do a quest to help stop the spread of the undead, again get him some item so he can cast a spell to stop them and again upon completion, a choice of rewards, for magic users, perhaps resurrection of players who was killed, before they hit ok after their death, and it would work just like the stones, you return with half your hitpoints. Or again some Item of a holy nature. This would also make things interesting for those who try to get everything in the game, as they could only get one or the other, or one spell or the other. Since this would be aimed at higher lvl characters it would be hard for those with mules to get the other item as well as most I believe are lower levels. I also think the following monsters could be added (listed weakest to strongest)

Willo-the-Whisp HP 10-20, Def 50%, attack none, disappears and reappears in different location(still on screen) when hit. 40 XP

Skeleton HP 500-600, Def 30%, Att 35-45 aggressive, 100 XP

Zombie HP 800 - 900, Def 0%, Att 75-90 aggressive assists, 300XP

Ghoul HP 900-1000, Def 0%, Att 90-100 aggressive, 450 XP

Wraith HP 950 - 1100, Def 40%, Att 100-110 range of 5 aggressive, 1000 XP

Mummy HP 4000-5000, Def 40%, Att 150 - 200 aggressive, other undead will assist when Mummy attacked, 3000 XP

Vampire HP 12000-14000, Def 60%, Att 200-500 aggressive assists, can summon undead to assist when attacked, when reduced to 1/4 XP will disappear and reappear like willow whisp, 20000 XP

Hadn't really thought as to what drops would be yet, would love to help with the mapping and such, but unfortunately, I don't know coding and never really used a graphics program to develop that kinda thing. what does everyone else think?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: some ideas

Post by Crush »

• former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
danleej
Peon
Peon

Re: some ideas

Post by danleej »

Holy crap batman!!! just out of curiosity how is that coming along? So the 2 ideas mesh quite nicely anyway, well obviously as they are pretty much the same idea lol. But seriously how far along is it? And could any of those suggestions of mine be of any use in the cemetery map? Thanks Crush!