Getting Approval for a Global Announcement

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Getting Approval for a Global Announcement

Post by Wombat »

In my attempts to organize recent community meetings I thought things could be easier if I could get approval for a global announcement instead of talking to each player individually to get them to show for the meeting. Because the meetings are community based rather than member based, it would make sense to be able to be approved for a global announcement.

Is there a way I can make this happen? Like email the GMs or something to get approval for a global announcement for meetings? I'm willing to work with any criteria that might be developed to make this happen.
Current character is "Abolish".
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Getting Approval for a Global Announcement

Post by feline monstrosity »

A global chat channel would be far easier. I know this is planned/already implemented on the TMWServ thing, but is it impossible to do on the eAthena server? I'm sure that question has been answered thought before..
~Feline Monstrosity
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Permitting anyone to use the global announcement command would just be a configuration change. But when anyone can use global announcements a lot of people would abuse it for spaming.

For that reason TMWServ does not have a true global chat channel. Every user can create chat channels and a chat channel can be read from everywhere in the game world, but a player has to actively join a chat channel to read it. There is no way for a normal player to reliably reach everyone on the server.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

A lot of people don't log into the irc chat and/or they don't read it while they are playing.
Current character is "Abolish".
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

i think you could as a gm for announcing, if one is online. they did such things before.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

I would be happy to announce your meeting. Just whisper me. :)

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.