community

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

trident
Peon
Peon

community

Post by trident »

I have had some days time to get to know this game. The main thing i see should be worked on is the community. I know, there are lots of great players out there and also helpful players. Then there are "scams". I met this playa 51 today. He tried to get my newly bought helmet. Obviously knowing i was a noob he took me aside and etc etc, tried to convince me to drop my helmet so he could "help me". I decided to see what he was up to and dropped my helmet. I was right, it was a cheap trick to fool a noob and he ran away with my helmet. Nothing I can do about that i guess.

Anyway as i see it everyone is on their own in this game. It is rather hard to have group hunts, one gets hit and rest hits monsters. If there was some kind of healing or other way to match each other when killing prey, people would be more depending on each others, making this more of a group game than "soloing that yellow slime to get some ore" game. Perhaps monster switching target once in a while in a longer struggle would also help.

Maybe after achieving level 70 and playing for many months a player gets to know other persons. But all those who come to try this game out and loses interest because of not too mature co-players...

Player names like playya51 or why not qsdfg2Edv is ok now. But I think names should be checked (ok veterans are propably already famous and their names are in glory) but new players... Some logic that matches a rpg- I mean numbers and such are not very common in RL when naming some person. This would mean that person would think a bit more about what kind of roleplayer he is and above all, make it much more easy for other players to remember the player (in good or bad).

Did i get it right? When you die, you loose nothing but the ground you stood on? I think death should be a bit more risky so that you don't rush in to any place just to die with no risk; instead you plan how to handle the situation and beware of running into dungeon "head over heals". When you notice that a person is having too many aggressive monsters on him you help, rather than just walk ten steps to the side so you can go on with you r own hunt. Even worse, if you are chased by too many aggressive monsters, you don't want to lure them on another player so that you can go on with your hunt.

I think one person could only have very few characters at a time so that he can't make one "bad guy" who scams and one ordinary who acts civilized.

Why do we need to register to this forum so strictly with mail address but to play the game we only need to invent a new login name and password?

This is one big game with many players, i know, i am just a noob so In a way I should shut up and not complain. Mind you, i was not complaining, i think it is great that such games exists, just trying to get an outsiders view on this game. I hope this game keeps on developing and yes, It is much easyer to give feedback than make code ;)

Last words, if players would depend more on each others, i think the "community" would be stronger and people not behaving well would either lose interest in the game, make own outlaw groups (known to others), or adapt to good behaviour.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Re: community

Post by Savi »

I have played other games similar to TMW. Unfortunately the games I played had no time delay for a monster drop. Players like that would steal your drops. It is unfortunate that there are players like that. Always trying to take advantage of new players. Or they come and beg for items as well. Don't give up on TMW there are a lot of good players and some are very willing to help out.
It is hard for new players to participate in group hunts when the group is after advanced mobs. Monsters do switch targets, at least I have noticed it while killing Skulls. If there are 4-5 players trying to kill the Skull one would get a critical hit but not everyone. Then over a time period another of the party would take a hit.
Most players keep to themselves unless they have a friends that play the game with them.
Also, players are from almost every continent. You might say Hi and and they reply Hei or Hola.
If they ask you to drop something be wary. If you want to give something in exchange then trade. At least you can cancel at any time.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

I hate to say this, but that was kinda your fault for being so gullible. My personal experience of the TMW community has been superb - much better than most other online games I have played. I've almost never been short of someone to give me a helping hand or to kill monsters with (usually) and likewise I try to return the favour by going back to the newbie areas to help people who are just starting out.
~Feline Monstrosity
trident
Peon
Peon

Post by trident »

It was, yes. I have also been offered help, many times i have been rude enough to say "no thanks" because i want to do it the hard way and earn my own living.
I was not intending to complain about game or players in general, it was just my five cents ;)

Now I'm out of cents, so over and out, i guess.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Great feedback man. I've been playing tmw myself for about a little under a month now. Like you, i've turned down lots of people wanting to help just so I could do everything on my own.

The community is pretty good, but I think people could get a little friendly. As the new player you would have to go and start the convo, which can be pretty hard. But you can't blame players who've been here awhile. There all sitting next to each other talking and not noticing you when your right next to them, but you have to make the attempt to introduce yourself like in real life.

Like I said, i've only been playing for a little under a month so I don't know everything yet, but I try my best to help the new comers. So once again, great feedback and let me know if you need any help. :D
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster