Change Skull Room Spawns?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Change Skull Room Spawns?

Post by Wombat »

Can the "Skull Room", right before the demon mask room, have its spawn rates changed or where skulls spawn from so camping and easy xping becomes less viable in this room? I think we should have areas for high level people to garner xp, but sitting in one place isn't promoting fare gameplay. I'd prefer more xp be given to players that move around, experience the maps and find ways to make team game play more like my idea of "raids" than camping.
Current character is "Abolish".
Namikaze
Novice
Novice

Re: Change Skull Room Spawns?

Post by Namikaze »

So what's good is your idea...
This may be a RPG, but remember the MMO part.
The main objective is to socialize, not to ''I'm lvl 99, I'm so bad... Uhuhuhuhuhu''

regards
Portuguese player of TMW.

Namikaze a.k.a Flying_Thunder_Mule

I like to do something, but TMW is boring...

QOAL- Sensei
Saonsa- Friend a.k.a Lover
Dyna and Melkior- FRIENDS-
Dyna wrote: I'll kill you because of your siggy...
This is not fair
EverBlack
Peon
Peon

Post by EverBlack »

Remember namikaze this game has lvls to something no?
And its better give a fair game to who want to lvling or give a bot game???
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

My suggestion would be to move the spawns from 3 left, 3 right to 2 left, 2 right and 2 down near the entrance doors. Below is normal camper formation. It stays like this for hours and hours with little movement:

whynotdad2
Peon
Peon

Post by whynotdad2 »

After you hit lvl 95 whats left?
You have just spent the last five levels listening to people complain about the higher lvls stealing all the XP
And if you stop now, then it is an unfinished game(personally I am not a quitter). Level to 99 retire your character and start again? Just a reminder that once you hit lvl 95 its not just a couple of million XP. We are in double digit KK's now.
Level 97 is 58 million, level 98 is 99 million.
Do the math.
Find a spot that you can get decent XP as long as some DUDE doesnt try and mess you up. Sociallize with others that are happy to benefit from your protection and kibitz about the new things in the game. Obviously we havent camped here all the time or we wouldnt have dyed clothes, gotten the new toy, or found out about the new changes.
Practise what you preach and leave, or play nice with the others.
whynotdad2
Peon
Peon

Post by whynotdad2 »

Wombat wrote:My suggestion would be to move the spawns from 3 left, 3 right to 2 left, 2 right and 2 down near the entrance doors. Below is normal camper formation. It stays like this for hours and hours with little movement:

interesting that your screenshot shows Delasia just arriving and you are nowhere in the screen, but you have to be there in order to take that shot. So, is this edited would be my first question, and obviously your concept of hours and hours are skewed if at least on of those so called campers just arrived.
HMMMM
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Whynotcrybaby, I'm not posting this in "Court Abuse". This is suggestions to the developers. I don't need to "prove" anything when they most/all know about this room and those that use it.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I stay in one spot myself sometimes.. not in the skull room though, but I wouldn't mind if spawn points were changed so less camping spots were available. I think it'd be funner to actually move around while fighting.

And for the comment about not trying to get to lvl 99.. wow. Don't forget the MMO Part? What?

I thought doing the quests, trying to get to a high lvl (even if it is boring) and trying to get rich were main objectives in MMORPG's? This isn't a dating site afterall.. I'm not saying you shouldn't make friends because that makes the game funner but the point of MMORPG's are the above.. not to edate and try to look good online.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

whynotdad2 wrote: interesting that your screenshot shows Delasia just arriving and you are nowhere in the screen, but you have to be there in order to take that shot. So, is this edited would be my first question, and obviously your concept of hours and hours are skewed if at least on of those so called campers just arrived.
HMMMM
In Wombat's defence
* Camping is not against the rules
* Players never see their own name, so it's natural that wombat's name does not show on wombat's screenshots. Having many people packed at the same place adds even more dificulty in seeing who's there.
* Someone being there does not equal someone camping there.

Other then that, I completely disagree with wombat. If people want to camp, let them go ahead and camp. I don't see why we should implement means to prevent that. This is a temporary problem either way. As soon as new content arrives, the problem will shift to another location. And no matter what the developers do, they'll never make an infinite game, so their will always be a group of hard-core levelers whoms best way (perhaps even only way) of advancing will be trough camping. Trying to combat this is like trying to mob the floor with the faucets all turned open.

Unless of course, we set a max. lvl limit at like ... lvl 80. But that's not really a solution either. Thats like amputating both eyes to cure colour-blindness.
Last edited by 5t3v3 on 10 Mar 2009, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

In steve's defense...yup...moths to a fire.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Oh there is a third solution. Instead of lowering the spawn rate, how about making it higher? Really higher. Allot higher. Tons higher. Allot higher than "tons higher". Now you're probably thinking: "Wouldn't that stimulate camping?" No, even higher then that! Make it a real skull room. :twisted:

Although we do need to consider at some point this will just make the demon mask quest close to impossible for solo players.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Even better idea.. What were you thinking, 50? :D
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster