BUG stetzer bug and it being exploited

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
sarahangel
Peon
Peon

BUG stetzer bug and it being exploited

Post by sarahangel »

I just wanted to bring it to the attention of the developers that there is a bug in regards to the stetzer quest and people are exploiting it as well to leech XP from other players. I was not sure if you were aware of it nor if exploiting it was abuse which is why i am posting this here.

If you take a look at this post and the screen shots, you can see someone admitting to using the exploit and then telling others about said bug.
Rather than linking you to the forums I will simply link you all again to the screenshots, which btw are not mine.

http://wolfium.com/LiadinChu/abuse/
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Re: BUG stetzer bug and it being exploited

Post by bigglesworth »

The bug has one of two successful results:

1) the player gets a forest bow with a range of 1 which delivers setzer weapon damage and removes 1 arrow per attack.

or

2) the player gets a setzer with a range of 7 which delivers forest bow damage and removes no arrows per attack.

In both cases, the inventory window shows both the setzer and forest bow as being equipped. The equipment window shows only one weapon. Equipping a shield disables the bug.

The 'positive' result is a faster attack with the forest bow at a greater range for which you don't need to buy iron arrows.

The only danger to the bug user is that the player must drop valuable items on the ground to arrange their inventory.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

This should already be fixed on the test server. The main server will get it soon.
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

jaxad0127 wrote:This should already be fixed on the test server. The main server will get it soon.
Similar exploits of this bug with armor/shield/robe will be fixed as well? I assume they will, but it never hurts to state the obvious.

-Cotillion
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Is that still happening on the testing server?
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

jaxad0127 wrote:Is that still happening on the testing server?
Yes.

ranged scythe
or
bow with unlimited arrows
or
bow with shield

all done with drop equip bug

still broken on the test server.