storage center like thing

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

tommie switch
Peon
Peon

storage center like thing

Post by tommie switch »

the idea for a storage center has been reacted upon by several ppl throughout tmw when i was online. like i posted in doulos's topic: suggestion for a new quest.
to be able to purchase a house to stash items or a storage space of some sort so not everyone has to create mules to carry their stuff around. how is this sounding so far?
living without dreams is like waking up to a void
Savi
Novice
Novice

Re: storage center like thing

Post by Savi »

If magic is going to be implemented into the game that will take up more inventory space as well. What if equipped items resided in your equipment box once equipped rather than in your inventory? That would free up about 5-8 spaces in your Inventory.
Although a storage container or vault would be nice to store less often used items.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Savi wrote:If magic is going to be implemented into the game that will take up more inventory space as well. What if equipped items resided in your equipment box once equipped rather than in your inventory? That would free up about 5-8 spaces in your Inventory.
Although a storage container or vault would be nice to store less often used items.
How will magic reduce inventory? Equipped items should stay in your inventory. Account level storage has been discussed. I'll try to implement it later.

BTW, magic is implemented as is being tested.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

I thought if you have magic in the game that you would need potions to use. Potions would take up space. I have not seen how the magic worked here yet.
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

Hmm. A warehouse or mule? Hmmm.
  • Having one or more mules in the game artificially increases the number of "online" players.
  • Trading with a mule is pointlessly time consuming. Rather than grabbing everything in one shot, we're stuck with the trade limitations along with the joy of juggling open client windows.
  • Trading with a mule can, depending on one's screen size, make it appear we're ignoring friends who attempt a chat.
You have my vote on this one too.

Perhaps we do have too much junk. While this is its own thread, the fact remains that we need a more efficient way of handling the many hats, weapons, armor, drops, etc., etc., etc., we do have. A warehouse or storage area would be worthwhile.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I agree too.. Maybe make it inside a building, and the Bank NPC can be moved there aswell.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The storage GUI by Jaxad already works in the current development client but still needs a bit bug fixing. It will most likely be released with the next version.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Sweet.

Thank You dev's. :D
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

First: thanks. It is appreciated.

Second: How about a thread that lets us know what's up and coming so that we don't pester you devs with ideas that you're already working on?

:-)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

You could subscribe to the Atom feeds of our Git Repositories. That way you will always know what the developers are doing. Be aware of spoilers, though.

http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Git_Repository

Repositories I can recommend:
  • TMW eAthena client (technical changes to the client)
  • eAthena server (technical changes to the server)
  • TMW client data (new additions to the game content)
The really curious ones might also want to subscribe to eAthena data, but be aware that this will be bad for your game experience because it will spoil a lot of information about new quests.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Doulos wrote:First: thanks. It is appreciated.

Second: How about a thread that lets us know what's up and coming so that we don't pester you devs with ideas that you're already working on?

:-)
them having to post here would probably only slow them down, not what we want, right ;)
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

hi there

I saw William in the Hurnscale village :P

looks like storage issue is coming is way.

Could we have more info on this please ?

BtW it will be the 2nd William first one is in the way out of the desert

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Storage already works. You just need a client compiled from the latest git snapshot to use it. Here is a screenshot:
Attachments
TMW_Screenshot_29.png
TMW_Screenshot_29.png (166.58 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
  • NOT a game master

Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

one word

Fantastic :)

thanks Team
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Nice chat tabs as well.

It makes me think: could there be "joint" storage "accounts" at the bank, for guilds or friends? NPC option: add new storage, add names to storage (The creator of the account is the only one allowed to add names to the list). Then when you talk to William he lists your available accounts. There would be limits to amount of accounts of course.