Give them Hemoroids!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Flaffen
Peon
Peon

Give them Hemoroids!

Post by Flaffen »

If you want to avoid botting, i'd recommend doing something about leveling. I just wrote a post about this, so you should check that out (this could remove some of their motivation for botting). Also you could try to hinder them in botting by adding a simple debuff. If you stand still in the same spot for more than 30 seconds, you should be afflicted by a debuff called Hemoroids, this increased the damage you take by 1, and it could stack up to X amount of times. This would make botting pretty hard since the longer you bot the more damage you take, eventually leading to your death. Or people would have to bot in RLY low level places where there is no chance of getting killed, wich would severly remove the xp gain from botting. If you do something about leveling, since it becoms super boring after a while, and add this debuff, i think it would reduce botting by a large amount.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Re: Give them Hemoroids!

Post by Goku »

I still don't think lvl'ing should be made any easier. Expect it to be hard after you reach past lvl 70.

As for the Hemoroid idea, that would be pretty good. Except it would anger a lot of campers, lol. :lol:
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
doorsman
Warrior
Warrior

Post by doorsman »

Campers are not botters indeed. By the way, if you think leveling is hard now, ask the old timers how it was before. The idea is not really doable i think. Original, but not doable.
Still on freenode network #manacentral. On the Web at www.manacentral.net

Patience, Integrity and Truth. A harsh Reality...

doors
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Back in the days I spent a week leveling up to 20 or something...

get off my lawn kids!
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

And now you can do that in a day. :lol:
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Although this might take away most bots, it's still easy to bypass by making a bot that moves from left to right. In the end only the campers will be affected by this, and the warriors who seek health-recovery by not moving.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

5t3v3 wrote:and the warriors who seek health-recovery by not moving.
Then sit.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

jaxad0127 wrote:
5t3v3 wrote:and the warriors who seek health-recovery by not moving.
Then sit.
What's wrong with standing still to seek recovery and attacking at the same time? a characterbuild with max vit can easily multiple targets like that. It's not just camping, it's simply the way that that kind of build attacks best.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "