vanishing topics and posts

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Re: vanishing topics and posts

Post by 5t3v3 »

No, that's not what I said. Things can still be hurtful despite being said in a diplomatic way. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't bother with diplomacy in the first place.

Now rather then turning this in a silly little debate, answer me this:
Can you honestly tell me that you can't think of any way to rephrase in a less offensive manner whatever it is you said?
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When you feel like you have to be insulting to tell something to someone, tell it to him using the private message function of the forum and don't post it in public.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

5t3v3 wrote: Can you honestly tell me that you can't think of any way to rephrase in a less offensive manner whatever it is you said?
thats right, i cant, or at least, couldnt at that time, be more polite. but you didnt read what i said in this thread anyway, so its pointless to talk with you about that. why do you even think i was insulting? just because ppl felt insulted? what about my feelings?

Crush wrote:When you feel like you have to be insulting to tell something to someone, tell it to him using the private message function of the forum and don't post it in public.
the point i wanted meways thread to be kept alive was showing to the public how he behaves. thats not by insulting him with my statements, because its his own statements that are showing his mind. my posts were not many and in fact they were diplomatic, but i cant prove it anymore anyways. its just for the community, to see, how some ppl behave, and if they like itor not; if they agree with me about it or not. its anyones own descition what to think about it. if the thread still exists.

so: i didnt want to tell anything to meway. i also dont want to tell anything to goku or others who fundamentally disagree with me. my posts arent meant to change their minds or something, because thats in fact useless. i think you wont believe me, but its rather realistic, when i say: "i try to be helpful and want to contribute to the community."

farewell.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Did you mean you don't believe that meway "wants to help the community"?

How is that not realistic? I provided you with my reasons, now it's your turn. You just keep saying it post after post that you think he's pretending to be helpful but what he's really doing is trying to be a brown noser.

There is actually 2 things you can do here on TMW as others have posted. You can play it AND you can actually think about trying to give back and help out which is what meway is doing..

You think he's trying to suck up? Well here's a bit of reality, your not the only one who doesn't care what others think.

[sarcasm]
I wonder why anyone in their right mind would try to help out with an open source MMORPG.
[/sarcasm]
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

Continuing this any further is pointless, and certainly not my place to comment... but I'll do it anyhow, with hopes to make an appeal....

There's a lot of comments on meway or my work that both of us immediately get frustrated with, but we both step away and realize that it's just constructive criticism and has no ill intent. Learning and development are both frustrating things, but it's all part of the process if we're ever to improve. There's no one to impress or to kiss up to when it comes to an open community project, we're all diligently trying to create something special for all to enjoy. We're all quite passionate about the experience we're trying to make (even if we threw only a single pixel in, a single line of code, or spend a few minutes exploring, leveling, and playing). Passion can be a dangerous thing, and it takes us all a while to just sit back and reflect before expressing it in a destructive manner.

You may not have ever met meway in person, and the internet lacks the face to face awkwardness of having to "kiss and make up", it's much easier to move on once you remember that. Kinwa, there's no need to continue this discussion any further, I know you already said "farewell", but you don't have to go, just continue on a new and play with us, make contributions if you will, and place passions to the pallet. :D We'll all be better for it!
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
OnymA
Novice
Novice

Post by OnymA »

first deleting posts and topics and then ? deleting accounts? :cry:

oh yeah we all should live in disneyland..... aww.... happy end *kiss* *hug* :roll:

SO! LETS DO IT GUYS! WE JUST NEED TO TURN EVERYTHING THAT WE WANT INTO THE RIGHT SPOT OF LIGHT AND DELETE ALL OTHER FACTS SO NOONE CAN PROVE IT ANYMORE !!!!

lets change the hiiiiiiiiiistoooooooooryyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! we are like god yeaaahhhhhh..... what a fun...shhhh dont tell to everyone or we will delete you ! :twisted:
*wool producing*
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Yeah.. and my posts were called pointless. :lol:

Rotonen's right, not everyones gonna think the same way. But maybe if the remarks were on the graphics themselves and not the person's intentions..
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

Goku wrote:Yeah.. and my posts were called pointless. :lol:
I meant me commenting being pointless, I meant no offense. :oops:
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Oh oh, not you. Someone else said it and I was using sarcasm to point out that lamb's post/rant was pointless.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
InspectorShameless
Novice
Novice

Post by InspectorShameless »

[EDIT]
Last edited by InspectorShameless on 25 Oct 2009, 15:03, edited 2 times in total.
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

SO! LETS DO IT GUYS! WE JUST NEED TO TURN EVERYTHING THAT WE WANT INTO THE RIGHT SPOT OF LIGHT AND DELETE ALL OTHER FACTS SO NOONE CAN PROVE IT ANYMORE !!!!
oh And btw, great job on the kennedy-assasination tmw devs.....
But did you really have to rely on alien-technology to do so?
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

5t3v3 wrote:
oh And btw, great job on the kennedy-assasination tmw devs.....
But did you really have to rely on alien-technology to do so?
Don't forget 911, Pearl harbor, the burning of ancient Rome, the black death, and the backstreet boys... for it was the TMW Dev team behind it all :mrgreen:

and i was personally responsible for what happened to this poor man
Pixel Battalion
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 8&start=30
Crush wrote:This thread is an embarrasment for everyone.
dont pretend to represent everyones opinion.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Crush wrote:Cyber bullying should not be tolerated on forums.themanaworld.org.

You make yourself and the whole TMW community look bad in the eyes of bystanders.
And don't give me that "but he started it" crap.

Don't like the moderation here? Don't post here. When you want to exercise your "freedom of speech" start your own forum. Then you can bash people as much as you like. But the official themanaworld.org forums are no place to fight your personal wars.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Thank you for not letting us solve anything, again. I hope you welcome the next episode since your moderation only postponed the explosion. Or at least that's the best case scenario.

This is one of those situations where you either let people say whatever they feel a need to say, or just let them ramble until they get tired of it and move on.

Ending the discussion abruptly won't help. It was a discussion. A harsh one, yet still a discussion. Your dam will break, but instead of what you've seen, it's probably going to unleash a torrent of vitriol.

And before anyone jumps to grab the gun, this is an observation, not a threat.