fedora prob (linux noob)

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
scottish
Peon
Peon

fedora prob (linux noob)

Post by scottish »

I'm running Fedora Core 3, and I keep getting error messages when trying make install. I've installed SDL, SDL_mixer, SDL_image, Guichan and physfs (already have libxml2) but I still can't get make to work. From this thread, I followed Bjorn's suggestions and did

Code: Select all

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/themanaworld co -P tmw
followed by

make -f makefile.static
and it's still giving me the same error messages:

/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_opengl.h:44:60: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_opengl.h:45:58: GL/glu.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/resources/image.h:29,
                 from src/resources/resourcemanager.h:30,
                 from src/sound.h:31,
                 from src/sound.cpp:24:
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_opengl.h:2898: error: typedef `PFNGLBLENDCOLORPROC' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_opengl.h:2898: error: `GLclampf' was not declared in this scope
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_opengl.h:2898: error: `GLclampf' was not declared in this scope
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_opengl.h:2899: error: typedef `PFNGLBLENDEQUATIONPROC' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_opengl.h:2899: error: `GLenum' was not declared in this scope
This continues for a very long time. It seems like it's SDL's problem because of the gl.h and glu.h errors, but I got no errors when making and installing SDL. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I tried

locate GL
and I didn't get anything that resembled what SDL is looking for. I tried getting (I'm so obviously a noob) OpenGL from the SDL site but I couldn't figure out how or if I even need to.

Thanks!
EDIT:
I'm recompiling everything again to make sure I didn't screw something up, and I noticed I did get a couple errors with guichan.

configure: WARNING: OpenGL support skipped when OpenGL not found.
and

configure: WARNING: Allegro support skipped when Allegro not found.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Mybe is just today's snapshot? :?:
scottish
Peon
Peon

Post by scottish »

It very well could be, knowing that I am just about clueless. However, I was getting the same messages when I downloaded the 0.0.12 source code from this website.
nym
Novice
Novice

Post by nym »

It seems you dont have the necessary libraries needed for OpenGL. You should download official drivers for your video card (or if you dont have a accelerated video card, get Mesa3d). The driver should also include the libraries needed to get OpenGL up and running (also, to get OpenGL acceleration in X windows you need to load the module "glx". This should be put in your xinitrc).
YOU ARE READING THIS!
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Yep as the errors indicate, your OpenGL headers are missing. This is not a problem with SDL. You should try to find out how to install OpenGL headers in Fedora.

We still support playing without using OpenGL, and I think in future versions we could have a configure flag which would completely leave out OpenGL for those that have problems with it or do not want to use it.
scottish
Peon
Peon

Post by scottish »

Gah! So close, but yet so far..
I figured out how to get the OpenGL headers fixed *woohoo!*, but now I'm getting different errors. Maybe you guys can help me with these ones too?

obj/gui/gui.o(.text+0x61e): In function `Gui::Gui(Graphics*)':
src/gui/gui.cpp:51: undefined reference to `gcn::OpenGLImageLoader::OpenGLImageLoader(gcn::ImageLoader*)'
obj/gui/gui.o(.text+0xc3e): In function `Gui::Gui(Graphics*)':
src/gui/gui.cpp:51: undefined reference to `gcn::OpenGLImageLoader::OpenGLImageLoader(gcn::ImageLoader*)'
obj/engine.o(.text+0x1a42): In function `Engine::Engine()':
src/engine.cpp:184: undefined reference to `BuddyWindow::BuddyWindow()'
obj/engine.o(.text+0x2cf2): In function `Engine::Engine()':
src/engine.cpp:184: undefined reference to `BuddyWindow::BuddyWindow()'
obj/graphics.o(.text+0x451): In function `Graphics::updateScreen()':
src/graphics.cpp:139: undefined reference to `glFlush'
obj/graphics.o(.text+0x456):src/graphics.cpp:140: undefined reference to `glFinish'
obj/graphics.o(.text+0x467):src/graphics.cpp:142: undefined reference to `glClear'
obj/graphics.o(.text+0x9d1): In function `Graphics::Graphics()':
src/graphics.cpp:37: undefined reference to `glViewport'
obj/graphics.o(.text+0x9ea):src/graphics.cpp:38: undefined reference to `glClearColor'
obj/graphics.o(.text+0xd41): In function `Graphics::Graphics()':
src/graphics.cpp:37: undefined reference to `glViewport'
obj/graphics.o(.text+0xd5a):src/graphics.cpp:38: undefined reference to `glClearColor'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [tmw] Error 1
Thanks so much for your help so far!
EDIT:
I've reinstalled SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, guichan and physfs, in that order. Didn't fix it.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Hi, what guichan version?
Last edited by Pajarico on 12 May 2005, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
scottish
Peon
Peon

Post by scottish »

0.3.0 from http://guichan.sourceforge.net/downloads.shtml. Maybe I didn't reinstall it correctly? I just repeated the basic commands:

./configure
make
make install
EDIT:
Sorry 'bout all the edits. Here's some interesting stuff:

[sstevens@dhcppc4 gui]$ locate sdlimageloader
/usr/local/include/guichan/sdl/sdlimageloader.hpp
[sstevens@dhcppc4 gui]$ cd /usr/local/include/guichan/sdl
[sstevens@dhcppc4 sdl]$ ls
sdlgraphics.hpp  sdlimageloader.hpp  sdlinput.hpp
[sstevens@dhcppc4 sdl]$ cd ..
[sstevens@dhcppc4 guichan]$ ls
actionlistener.hpp  color.hpp	      font.hpp	     image.hpp	      keyinput.hpp     mouselistener.hpp  rectangle.hpp  widgets
allegro.hpp	    defaultfont.hpp   graphics.hpp   imageloader.hpp  keylistener.hpp  opengl		  sdl		 x.hpp
basiccontainer.hpp  exception.hpp     gui.hpp	     input.hpp	      listmodel.hpp    opengl.hpp	  sdl.hpp
cliprectangle.hpp   focushandler.hpp  imagefont.hpp  key.hpp	      mouseinput.hpp   platform.hpp	  widget.hpp
[sstevens@dhcppc4 guichan]$ cd opengl
[sstevens@dhcppc4 opengl]$ ls
openglgraphics.hpp  openglimageloader.hpp
[sstevens@dhcppc4 opengl]$ 
You think that's the problem? OpenGLImageLoader is in the opengl directory instead of the sdl directory?
EDIT AGAIN:
woohoo! I got it! I reverted back to the src that I got from this website and went through the ./configure, make, make install and it works now! Thanks guys!
scottish
Peon
Peon

Post by scottish »

Figured I should share how I got the OpenGL stuff to work, since that was my main problem. Be sure you do this before anything else, or you'll have to start all over. Get the yum.conf file from here and copy it to /etc/yum.conf (you should probably backup your old one). Then there are four simple commands:

yum --enablerepo=atrpms install xorg-x11.i386
yum --enablerepo=atrpms install xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL.i386
yum --enablerepo=atrpms install xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU.i386
yum --enablerepo=atrpms install xorg-x11-devel.i386
And that's it!
Gah! Damn me and my edits! You'll need to be su'd to use the yum stuff.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Your last error was probably related to the linker not being able to find the OpenGL library files. I'm glad you got it all sorted out in the end, and thanks for the instructions. It would be cool if we could provide an RPM for TMW but for now these yum instructions look helpful.