Client Based PvP?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Client Based PvP?

Post by Wombat »

Is there a way to activate pvp through the client rather than relying on the server to designate certain maps pvp? This would make it easier to create player versus player events on certain days and people can "opt in" to do pvp on any map without disturbing anyone that isn't actively interested in player versus player conflict. It could do a color code for the name that people could see, like maybe orange so they know they are "pvp ready" and can be challenged by other players. Just a thought and I think if it were possible, it would solve the whole "asking for permission" that many players want, should pvp become more active. It could be a box that needs to be checked like "allow whisper" in the Setup menu.
Current character is "Abolish".
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Re: Client Based PvP?

Post by Inkweaver »

In my opinion general PvP would ruin the atmosphere of TMW. I think its better to restrict it to arena's etc. but I guess if the general consensus is that players want PvP........ :?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Not talking about "general pvp". I'm talking about the client choosing the "pvp" option under setup. So let's say I organized a team battle, the people that wanted to play it would goto "setup" and check the "pvp" option. That way only people that want to do pvp could choose it and those that didn't...wouldn't. Makes it generally easier all around instead of designating it to maps through the server.
Current character is "Abolish".
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

No, eAthena can only switch PvP on or off on a per-map base.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

Wombat wrote:Not talking about "general pvp". I'm talking about the client choosing the "pvp" option under setup. So let's say I organized a team battle, the people that wanted to play it would goto "setup" and check the "pvp" option. That way only people that want to do pvp could choose it and those that didn't...wouldn't. Makes it generally easier all around instead of designating it to maps through the server.
It would seem like general PvP if people could fight each other anywhere. A player could turn off PvP so that they couldn't be attacked, but they'd still have to watch people fighting each other. That's why I favor limiting PvP to arena's or special levels designed for it, even if in the future the TMW server allows such turning on and off of PvP. In the meantime I guess we don't have to worry about it.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Nooooo, this could have solved everything..

Oh well.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster