[WIP] mines-tileset

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: [WIP] mines-tileset

Post by EJlol »

The reason because the space between the horizontal and vertical isn't the same is because of the perspective. for the diagonal tracks its because of the space. (though they could be a little bit closer I think).
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

I removed the diagonal planks again, they stop you from using certain combinations that were otherwise possible. I did fix some of the transition parts were the turns were to sudden, not smooth enough. I'll post progress when I start on ore-piles for in carts.

As for the carts themselves, this is what I got so far. I'm not happy with the result here's something wrong with it, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Any ideas?
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Add contrast. Give the wheels a different colour. make them stand out.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

More contrast would be good. Alternatively you could go for a more rusty look.

Also keep in mind that the mine is most likely used for years or maybe even abandoned. It would be likely that the carts have a lot of dents and scratches. Adding such details will make them look much more interesting.

Same applies to the railways themself, by the way. Some damaged rails would make the maps more interesting.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.