Bank

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Alxe
Novice
Novice

Bank

Post by Alxe »

I think the bank is quite basic, for example, if you wanted to remove 1739 gold, you'd had to get 1000 and another 1000 to make it more or less.
Can't be added an input dialog? Checking that if the actual money is less than the one you want to deposit, tells you that you don't have that amount of money, and asks if you'd like to input all your money. Or a button in the input dialog with "Max" that enters in the form the amount you have at hand..
Arch64 - We power it
Nickname: Alxe
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Bank

Post by Crush »

We already have a numerical input widget in the latest developer version, but we can not start to use it as long as there is still a supported version which hasn't got this ability.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Crush wrote:We already have a numerical input widget in the latest developer version, but we can not start to use it as long as there is still a supported version which hasn't got this ability.
Versions 0.0.28 and above have the needed dialog. So when we stop supporting 0.0.26 and 0.0.27, I'll change how those banks work. 0.0.29 already has an interface for item storage, so once we drop support for 0.0.28 and 0.0.28.1 as well, we can have one NPC that does both.
Alxe
Novice
Novice

Post by Alxe »

What about a % of interest? Most games with a Bank function has this, and it gives you a little piece of money daily. To make sure people visit the game, make it to be a action told as "Claim interest" that gives a tiny % of your current money.
Arch64 - We power it
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That's a bad idea in my opinion.

1. Everything which creates money from nothing is a bad idea from the gameplay point of view because it increases the already existing inflation problem.

2. for an active ingame trade economy players should be motivated to spend money instead of hoarding it.

Can you name a few online games which have a bank with interest rate? I played a lot of MMORPGs so far and none I ever played had this.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alxe
Novice
Novice

Post by Alxe »

Most ROs on eAthena have a script that does so.
Arch64 - We power it
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Can you name a few professional online games which have a bank with interest rate?

Private server administrators are usually amateurs who know nothing about game design and implement features just because they sound cool without thinking about the consequences for gameplay.
  • NOT a game master

Alxe
Novice
Novice

Post by Alxe »

I have seen some professional servers of RO, but do as you want.
Arch64 - We power it
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

Also, interest is immoral. And it backfires, just look at the real-world-economy-crisis we are in now.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The current financial crisis has nothing to do with interest, but trying to mimic the real world when creating games is a fallacy anyway because:

1. Things which work in the real world don't necessarily work in the context of a video game.
2. The real world is boring. That's why we create games to distract ourself from it.
  • NOT a game master

Frictor
Peon
Peon

Post by Frictor »

What if you start charging transaction fees?
On these forums I am primarily a messenger and an observer, so please don't shoot me! :P
Alxe
Novice
Novice

Post by Alxe »

Maybe an (optiona) security code for withdrawing?
Arch64 - We power it
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Alxe wrote:Maybe an (optiona) security code for withdrawing?
Why? The current bank accounts can only be used by characters on the same account.
Alxe
Novice
Novice

Post by Alxe »

I meant that as a safety method against lammers that steal accounts. They get no code, they get no stored money.
Arch64 - We power it
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Someone who uses the same accountname and password on another server will most likely also use the same bank password on both servers.
  • NOT a game master