Weapon "Museum"

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Alxe
Novice
Novice

Weapon "Museum"

Post by Alxe »

This idea came to my mind reminding my times in RO. I think that the @ii (item info) command was pretty useless for newbies and so, and then I though that the wiki should have it's own "museum" for weapon, stats and things or an in-game building with some weapons, that activate a script and give you their stats and effects in a new box. What do you think? I think I'd really need it sometime :lol:
Arch64 - We power it
Nickname: Alxe
Goku
Knight
Knight

Re: Weapon "Museum"

Post by Goku »

You can see item stats from the Item Reference page on the wiki.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Alxe
Novice
Novice

Post by Alxe »

Bye idea.
Arch64 - We power it
5t3v3
Warrior
Warrior

Post by 5t3v3 »

I still think it's a good idea. For example, the museum could teach people that even though the bone knife does more damage, that the setzer is faster. As for player-stats, this could be introduced to the museum as the department of "human biology". (That way we're not breaking the fourth wall).

It's true that this information is readily available on wiki and the HMC walkthrough and so on. But I see only benefits in reducing the need for outside sources. A game that doesn't need a wiktionary to teach you how to play it is always better in my opinion.

Also I think the environment of a museum speaks to the imagenation, and is a great opportunity to create extra quests, content, storyline, heck even portals to alternative dimensions ^-^.
In game characters: "5t3v3" and "L "
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

Rather than just a weapons museum make it a general museum and have a weapons wing. Then you can have a wing that has rare items that can't be bought.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I was just letting him know. :P

I think lessening the amount of dependencies on outside sources is much much better.

Lots of people don't find out about the wiki/HMC walkthrough till they've spent quite some time on the game. I was pretty confused till someone pointed me to those sites..

A general museum would be good.. that could explain lots of things. But i've also heard there will be a tutorial island on tmwserv? That will also help a lot.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Alxe
Novice
Novice

Post by Alxe »

Well, seems the idea is not corpse yet. Maybe when the updates, a tar.gz file could be downloaded with the datas, so it's easier to update them every time the client updates itself, and add the file to public access to be edited and translated by the fellow players.
Arch64 - We power it