The Mana World 0.10

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

TomMan71
Novice
Novice

The Mana World 0.10

Post by TomMan71 »

Hi!

I was just wondering when the new 0.10 client and server will be released, and will I lose my character when I change to the new client and server?
How should I know if it works? That's what beta testers are for. I only coded it.
-- Attributed to Linus Torvalds, somewhere in a posting
Alxe
Novice
Novice

Re: The Mana World 0.10

Post by Alxe »

Uhm, isn't the actual version the 0.28.1? And no, characters depend on the server, not the client.
Arch64 - We power it
Nickname: Alxe
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The current version is 0.0.28.1 (note the two 0's).

0.1 was the version number of the client for the new server. But now that both clients are merged we will have to revise the versioning.

1.0 is the version number planned for the first client on TMWServ which supports the whole gameplay as it is planned.

Regarding the initial questions: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =12&t=2461
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Ssnake
Peon
Peon

Post by Ssnake »

So all the work we all are doing like colecting money, itens and lvling is a waste of time??
Because to lvl is a bit hard....
Cant you do something to us dont lose all we have on ours charecter?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Games are supposed to be played for fun. The moment you consider playing a game "work" you should think if there isn't something more entertaining to do with your free time.

But regarding your question itself: It is still too early to think about if and how we can transfer data from eAthena to TMWServ. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

It's not a waste. I would also love to be able to keep our characters as they are now, but they have to figure out a way to make it work. Or maybe compensate in some other way. But that doesn't really matter. Us testing out the game now and providing feedback can carry over to things on TmwServ.

If they can give you a better game to play, starting over shouldn't really matter.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster