Shall CapitanAwesome/Astra/JihadJack be made GM?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Do you think CapitanAwesome/Astra/JihadJack should be made our first Australian GM?

Poll ended at 22 Apr 2009, 21:50

Yes.
35%
No.
18%
I don'k know.
11%
I don't know him that well.
16%
I don't know him at all.
20%

Total votes: 83
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Re: Shall CapitanAwesome/Astra/JihadJack be made GM?

Post by Dyna »

Kat I have seen players from Europe or USA up at those hours regularly...we have night owls who are up at that time.

What you should have asked for is ANYONE who plays regularly during the times needed apply...not just the Aussies. List the GMT time you need covered and see if there was someone beside Cappy.

Dy
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Katze wrote:I didn't ask why people voted "Yes." because it seems quite clear to me why someone votes yes.
But "No."s might have more important reasons, so I wanted to hear those.
In a situation like this one, 'yes' needs more explanation than 'no.' Simply because "I like him" or "he's a nice guy" doesn't cut it here.

Polls like this one usually go with an additional notice like "votes without explanation will be deleted after the poll ends." Meaning, the people who have voted a definite answer, in this case yes or no, are supposed to do their best to convince you (the GMs) that he would or wouldn't do a good job.

Why?

Allow me to illustrate:

Do you like cheese?
*Yes
*No

1) Yes - I like cheese because it's a nice shade of yellow.
2) Yes - I like certain types of cheese, mostly ones that go well with tomatoes, like mozzarella. Not to mention that I find cheese to be an amazing food supplement as well as a dessert.
3) Yes - I love all types of cheese. I find them fascinating. For instance, did you know that it takes 10 liters of milk to make 1 kilo of parmeggiano...

1) No - Cheese stinks.
2) No - I'm lactose intolerant.
3) No - I find the process of making cheese rather disturbing and that's why I refuse to eat it.

Huge difference, isn't it? And this was only about cheese.

I honestly feel silly for having to explain this. And no, I wasn't making fun of anything or anyone by using the example above. If anyone feels I have, I sincerely apologize. I was trying to prove a point, that's all.

I have to ask, though. What exactly is the purpose of this poll? To see if he's popular? He is. All the higher levels are popular in a way. If you wanted opinions about him, doing a few short random interviews in the game would've been a much better way.

And I'm not really frustrated with the GMing anymore. I have been frustrated a week ago, but then I left, had a nice break and now that I'm back, I'm simply resigned.
Katze wrote:But we need to cover those hours in which none of the existing GMs can possibly be online. Only people from those regions can do that.
What time-frame is that exactly? In CET?
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

It is only a theoretical but existing gap. It is important to first increase the risk for botters. And then as a next step, we can see if there is any other gap that needs filling.
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Hades
Peon
Peon

Post by Hades »

Tellerium wrote:
Hades wrote:"I don't know him that well."

Tried to ask help at him..but he'd just walk away.....

When was this? I'm sorry, I'm normally quite happy to help, so long as it doesn't involve me doing the work for you =)

Maybe your just busy or you just miss my message....but i'll try get you know more well....for this time...since majority is "yes"....then "YES".
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Hades wrote:Maybe your just busy or you just miss my message....but i'll try get you know more well....for this time...since majority is "yes"....then "YES".
See what I mean, Katze?
Tellerium
Peon
Peon

Post by Tellerium »

melkior wrote:
Hades wrote:Maybe your just busy or you just miss my message....but i'll try get you know more well....for this time...since majority is "yes"....then "YES".
See what I mean, Katze?
I don't think we need to harp on the subject of time etc, everyone knows about the issue and the people invloved will make the right descision for the greater good.
Zach from Mildura, Victoria, Australia
Char's are JihadJack, CapitanAwesome, MadamAwesome, Astra
Visit my personal rant page @ http://www.one24chaffey.com
Hades
Peon
Peon

Post by Hades »

melkior wrote:
See what I mean, Katze?

Im sorry, but...did i just miss something? I thought this is a poll and anybody can comments. I comment only based on my experienced. :)
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I believe anyone can comment, but your post basically said your voting "yes" because the majority of people voted "yes"?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

ok time for meway to step in, katze do me a favor and have bjorn check my time logs and how much time im on. As a side note: ask other players about my bilingual knowledge.

IMO: we dont need gms specified by time zones but ///sry dy, dyna said we have night owls im one of those night owls she was talking about///...

also this is not a job application for meway... Im useing my self as an example to help these two out // mel and dyna, cause there points are legit. If you did the research you would maybe find more people like me.
I know we have spoke x amount times with the issue before. katze what we need is a new thread asking people who they would like as a gm do some research on these people than make another thread like this.

and cappy imo cause were already here and you have my vote /yes //because u have always ben fair to me you would be first on that list........meway
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Oh, yes...:

CapitanAwesome is GM now.
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Grats Captain. :D
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I updated the game masters page on the wiki.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Congratulations (if you read forums as a good gm should!)

Unsticky!
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

congrats still need more possibly :)
Tellerium
Peon
Peon

Post by Tellerium »

Thanks Folks!

Hope to see you all around here more often.

Cheers =)
Zach from Mildura, Victoria, Australia
Char's are JihadJack, CapitanAwesome, MadamAwesome, Astra
Visit my personal rant page @ http://www.one24chaffey.com