Monster Sleep

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Rarara
Peon
Peon

Monster Sleep

Post by Rarara »

As the title says, wouldn't it be fun if some monsters slept? Just put a couple of Z's over them and let the player hack at them a couple of times before they reacts. Leveling can be tedious, and it'd put a smile on our face to stumble on a rare, sleeping monster :D
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Yep, I think this is a nice idea. I guess we'll think about it again later when we have our own server working.
fmct
Peon
Peon

Post by fmct »

If you implement day/night in the game, day monsters could sleep at night while night monsters appear. That's the way it worked in Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2).
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yeah I really enjoyed killing sleeping kid goblins in Secret of Mana. :twisted:
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

We really should start to think about monster AI soon. It might be obvious to see how monsters interact with humans, but what about with other monsters. I always wondered why when I went into a dungeon everything would attack me. If it were a real ecosystem, things would also be preying on one another, right?
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Maybe they prefer human meat? :o