Help to start and try to participate to the project

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Help to start and try to participate to the project

Post by Jumpy »

Hi

As I said in some post i'd like to try to participate doing or redoing some items or whatever i could or would be able to.
As I am an absolute beginner in that matter (even if i made some logo on photoshop long time ago) I am asking for help.

I read the different wiki pages related to developpement, graphic, maps and so on but...
I don't want to lose my time or yours

I am under Vista.
What program do I need to fit to .extension require and work on pix ?
I downloaded Tiled. Gimp.
(How to install Tiled btw ?)

What are your advices to start with ?

I have the will and want to not make a try, but truelly make something of it in my personnal life.

Thanks for consideration, answer, advices and help. Guide me please to start up and i'll learn fast.

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Help to start and try to participate to the project

Post by EJlol »

Tiled doesn't need to be installed. For pixelart you only need a program that can draw pictures and support a alpha channel transpary). For Vista I suggest to use either Gimp or Paint.net. Most pixelartists here use Gimp. (I use paint.net, so I cant help with Gimp questions though.)

I suggest to start with something small (like an item icon). The most important page on the wiki for pixelart is the guidelines, which can be found here:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... Guidelines

I suggest to read a few pixelart tutorials on the internet (and do a little bit of practice ofcourse). After that draw an item and post it here (even if you think it sucks), and we will problably give advice on how to make it better. Hope that helps and good luck :D
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Re: Help to start and try to participate to the project

Post by Jumpy »

thanks for info :)

I installed Gimp but i'll install yours too then i'll see which program i prefer ;)

Thanks for lecture and advice. i'll start in the next weeks (be patient)

and thanks also for the good luck :) (i found a clover in tmw so that will be ok i think :lol: )

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7