Bears Suggestion corner

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Bears Suggestion corner

Post by Bear »

Suggestions:
1) NPC names should display when mouse cursor is on them
2) Support for Gif files to be read by client for moving npc cutins
3) Some work on systems maybe?
4) Town Basic NPCs
5) Make Mr.Tip Tips
6) keep current character sets -_- (the new ones look ... good, but it just doesnt fit in to the Secret of Mana type(even tho it would treat as a nice feature))

words: Well, just wanted to say something, how i look at this project, as for graphics, were goig farther and farther away from Secret of Mana and its other branch games... I sorta liked the older tile set, the newer ones are either way too detailed or are not detailed enough... Example The floor tile, its realy.... smooth, it looked better at its yellow SNES type gfx.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

1) NPC names will display permanently below character graphics with 0.0.12.
2) We won't support GIF for animations.
6) Character sets are too low resolution and are sheduled for replacement. Anybody is free to keep around a low resolution version of TMW though.
Ghost
Peon
Peon

Post by Ghost »

I prefer the newer character sets.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

As do I. :)
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Pets

Post by Bear »

Pets:
There should be a variety of pets out there, like a large aray of normal monster AND some custom made monsters like... Wold/Dog/Cat/Frog and so on...

Also a nice thing to add later on would be if pets change in appearence when they level up....
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yeah they should evolve like Pokemons :lol:
LeoStrife
Peon
Peon

Post by LeoStrife »

Pfffff elven thats jus silly :? ... lets go digi-mon theme :lol:
come and visit me peeps at:
http://www.myspace.com/LeoStrife
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

LeoStrife wrote:Pfffff elven thats jus silly :? ... lets go digi-mon theme :lol:
I don't know if elven was jocking or not, but upgrading of pets is important to me, even if it is only a two-state leveling-up:
Young pet: can't attack or very low damage, only suitable for competitions or tournaments.

Adult pet: Can attack. Depending on the hability of the owner it can do more or less complex attacks, being the more powerful and hardest the one were you can send your pet to attack a fixed target.
:wink:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Nah I think it could be a really nice addon, I don't know if other games have it...
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

From expereience, other MMORPGs do NOT have a evolutionary Pet system, its basicaly just... Catch/obtain, and maintain its health and happiness.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

New suggestion! hurray!

A nice feature to have would be.... to instead of exiting the game, you give an option to return to the title screen

Also when i looked at the Help system(ingame) F1, i noticed everything was in 1 color, i didnt know what to think, i didnt kno if there was nothing there yet, or it was just empty.

Maybe changing the links colors ?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Hmm well returning to the screen was needed in RO, because you could change player, so I think until we have multiple players.

About help system, well we are still evalutaing which way to use to draw text, once we decided we will add colored text easily.
Scooterman
Peon
Peon

Post by Scooterman »

And make some auto-feeding system, because having to feed the pets every min is tedious. Pets evolving are nice, and they should reflect the main atributes of the character, like in form of atack and apearance.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Scooterman wrote:And make some auto-feeding system, because having to feed the pets every min is tedious. Pets evolving are nice, and they should reflect the main atributes of the character, like in form of atack and apearance.
Hmmm if you have auto-feeding than feeding it's quite useless, because you don't have nothing to do except buying food. I guess we could use slower feeding time, once per day of in game time for example. Or maybe pets will start eating grass or dropped items when they're hungry and they don't respond to your orders. :P

About the abilities I guess this strongly depends on how you train it. If you want to make it similar to you just train it in your skills, or you can make it complementary to you.
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Custom GUI

Post by Peacemaker »

In the last days i thought a little bit about the GUI...

It would be nice if every player can modify his/her GUI by changing values in an XML File... I made a small xml-example with a few elements & attributes.

Remember, that was just the beginning of an idea and its not complete... for example many attributes are missing... This example should only show how it can look like ;) Some kind of a switch attribute for custom and predefined elements is missing too atm (isCustom="true"/"false" something like that...)

Code: Select all

<!-- Just an idea for custom GUI in The Mana World -->
<!-- 16.07.2005 Peacemaker (peacemaker@gamesweb.com) -->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<gui>
	<window name="main" 				value="" x="" y="" weight="" height="" texture="data/gui/tex_main.png" alpha="" key1="" key2="" >
		<button name="btnStats"			value="Stats"	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_ALT" key="SDLK_S" />
		<button name="btnSkills"		value="Skills"	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_ALT" key="SDLK_K" />
		<button name="btnInventory"		value="Inv."	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_ALT" key="SDLK_I" />
		<button name="btnSetup"			value="Setup"	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_ALT" key="SDLK_C" />
		<button name="btnEquipment"		value="Equip."	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_ALT" key="SDLK_E" />

<lable name="labHp"				value="HP: [curHp]/[maxHp]"			x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labMp"				value="MP: [curMp]/[maxMp]"			x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labExp"			value="Exp.: [curExp]/[nextLvlExp]"	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labJobExp"			value="JobExp: [curJobExp]/[nextLvlJobExp]"		x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labGp"				value="GP: [Gp]"					x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labName"			value="[name]"						x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labLevel"			value="Lvl: [level]"				x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labJobLevel"		value="Job Lvl: [jobLevel]"			x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />

<bar   name="barHp"				value=""		x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<bar   name="barMp"				value=""		x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<bar   name="barExp"			value=""		x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<bar   name="barJobExp"			value=""		x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
	</window>

<!-- Custom Window Example -->
	<window name="quickbar" 		value="" 	x="" y="" weight="" height="" texture="data/gui/tex_custom.png" alpha="" key1="" key2="" >
		<lable name="labItem1"		value="1"	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labItem2"		value="2"	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labItem3"		value="3"	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labItem4"		value="4"	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />
		<lable name="labItem5"		value="5"	x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" />

<!-- note: onClickUse for items and equipment (equip/unequip.) -->
		<button name="btnItem1"		value="[count]" onClickUse="insert_id_here" useTileAsTexture="insert_id_here" x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_1" key2="" />
		<button name="btnItem2"		value="[count]" onClickUse="insert_id_here" useTileAsTexture="insert_id_here" x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_2" key2="" />
		<button name="btnItem3"		value="[count]" onClickUse="insert_id_here" useTileAsTexture="insert_id_here" x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_3" key2="" />
		<button name="btnItem4"		value="[count]" onClickUse="insert_id_here" useTileAsTexture="insert_id_here" x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_4" key2="" />
		<button name="btnItem5"		value="[count]" onClickUse="insert_id_here" useTileAsTexture="insert_id_here" x="" y="" weight="" height="" alpha="" key1="SDLK_5" key2="" />
	</window>

</gui>

The example shows the Main Window with all Buttons, Lables and Bars + shortcuts and templates [xxx] AND a completly new GUI example. I dont know if templates slows the game down but its just an idea :)

Possible difficulties are the dynamic creation of these Windows, Buttons, Lables etc? Its possible in C#.net but I don?t know how that works in C++ & xmllib?

The idea behind that is that you are able to divide the code and the gui... for example for custom skins with custom graphics.

I?m on holiday from now on, see you next week :)

If you like it, feel free to add it to wiki and discuss it :)
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(