Can We Reduce "Botting" ?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Can We Reduce "Botting" ?

Post by meway »

yes at least 4-6 hours to be exact a gm is there but afk
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Goku wrote: Bothers me as much as it does you.
Minor annoyance that sometimes gets out of hand? Is it more than a minor annoyance? If so, maybe you need to take a break from the game.

Goku wrote: You do things your way aka always resolving to player groups and "dirty" tactics. Messing with people who camp in the Skull Room, etc. But wait.. those people are actually there and not AFK botting. Are they more of an issue?
Are you a crybaby? Sounds like it. "Boo hoo! I didn't get my narc hat! Whaaa!" Lame :roll:
Goku wrote:It doesn't matter if a such group was made and they found botters certain times.
It does because if there are no GMs around during that time regularly, then maybe the Devs will see a reason to make another GM? That was why CapitanAwesome added to the roster.
Goku wrote: Even though recently CaptainAwesome has been added, there are still several hours where no GM is to be found.
Discover that time and report it if there is a bot problem during that time. Another GM may "need" to be created for the few hours there isn't one on.
Current character is "Abolish".
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Nope, nothing personal against botters. But again this thread was made to come up with ideas to reduce botting and improve gameplay by doing so.

Am I a cry baby? I wouldn't say so. But go on with the name calling. I've seen some of your previous posts.. come on, I know you can do better than "cry baby" Wombat.

But may I ask, are you a eThug? I love how the url to your player group is "street gang". :lol:

Exactly. And YET there are still times when no GM are on.. and so they should add another GM? Maybe, but that's the discussion. Maybe Deputy's with be a better choice than more GM's. Why would you not want Deputy's, but more GM's?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

find the time we need a new gm at im sure they will think of something. as wombat said your ether crying or looking for a reason to post and post and post cause looks to me from 23 to 10 on rank in one day looks like your a post whore to me.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

My suggestion would be for Goku, Meeway and friends to form a player group and make your reports. Or just do "botting raids" and find them.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I'm thinking of ideas. You can go look for the time botters bot if you want. It's funny how you have to take cheap shots at someone Meway. My posts actually include substance unlike others. Maybe Kinwa and Lamb were right about you.

(Take the time to read your own posts before you criticize others. I don't usually come out and flame others, but when someone comes at me.. that's a different story. Not to be rude, but I was actually suprised, no lie, when you told me you were also from the USA. I would've guessed you were from somewhere where English was a second language to you. That's about it for now. Sorry for this being off topic and I hope it didn't hurt you too much Meway. :lol: )
Last edited by Goku on 02 May 2009, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Thanks for the advice, but no thanks. I'm not the one all hung up on Player Groups. :lol:
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I don't see any bot reports from you on this infamous time either. You've shown no reason for your idea to be implemented nor does it make sense to add "deputies" when players are already supposed to be doing what deputies do, minus the hat. Get a life.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Others have made it clear that there are still times when there are no GM's on. I don't have to do it myself. That's the reason there are other players. Then i'm guessing you didn't read through Doulos' whole post about his idea. Same to you buddy. :lol:
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Make your bot reports. Prove your point on this time and I'm sure the Devs and GMs will discuss the matter.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

And we can also keep on discussing other ideas in this topic because after all that's what forums are for? And devs/gm's don't seem to mind.

Are you sure you want me to repot botters I find at these certain times i'm speaking of? They might.. might.. just might.. add another GM. Are you sure you could handle that?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I didn't object to CapitanAwesome becoming a GM. I questioned the need for another GM. I don't see botters where I roam. The last botter I saw was two months ago and I play all hours of the game and wander all maps in the game. But I also don't hunt specifically for botters. I don't see your problem with forming a player group that would do the same thing you are suggesting, minus the hat.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

who said that German was not my first language not that anyone ever needed to know!
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

It was a little inside joke due to the fact you dislike GM's. Anyways.. okay maybe you haven't, but others have? I also don't specifically hunt for botters, but just walk by snakes / sea slimes and you'll find one. Who said the idea was set in stone? Maybe more things could be added to the idea to make it differ from a player group? That's why I suggested the ability for these people to be able to warp suspected botters.

Btw, I didn't come up with the idea of Deputy's. Doulos did, I just thought it was a pretty good idea.

@Meway, if you have a problem with me, PM me.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Why would they need warp powers? Wouldn't that mean players would report to deputies who would report to GMs? I don't support an increase in surveillance powers either, if you mean warp around to check on players and/or warp characters to bot check. If you don't want to claim ownership of the idea, that's fine, I figured as a proponent of the idea you had grasped the idea enough to "own" it.