Cant Equip Leather shirt

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yeah somehow :x someone corrupted the database, I'm working on it, I hope tomorrow it will work again...
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Ok the problem seem to be more complex than I thought.
I tryed buying leather shirts and it works perfectly, I can equip/unequip them without problems. About the ones dropped, I have one and I can't equip it.
I have to investigate a bit more... anyway if you meet me ingame I'll change your non-working with a working one.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Iamaeryk wrote:K Thanks. I dont log on very much so...I hope I get lucky and find you.
If you want to meet Elven in game, you have to make an appointment. :-)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Probably I've written it somewhere else, but now you can sell your non-working leather shirt and buy a new one.
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Re: Cant Equip Leather shirt

Post by mandrake1983 »

Iamaeryk wrote:I killed a black scorp and got a leather shirt and it wont let me equip it.
I have a nearly equal problem here. I found a Dagger in the Game and want to equip it. But i cant.

I manually unequipped my sharp knife but it was still in the "Equipment" Window. I even dropped my knife, but it was still there (in the equipment window). And whatever i try i cannot equip the dagger.

Do i need a certain level??

My Character is named "mandrake", it's on lvl 10 or 11 i think.

regards,
mandrake
~~ drown in the tears of the mandrake ~~
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

no you dont need certain lvl its the same as in above sell your dagger for 500gp make an extra 500gp and buy one the one that you buy from store should work
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Post by mandrake1983 »

Yep. Bought one and it works.

So when only "bought things" work, then i guess that the dagger is the best weapon one can get in the 0.13 version??
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

You can buy a bow in the desert and find a nice weapon somewhere else.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Actually this is standard RO behaviour: all dropped items are considered "unidentified" and therefore they must be identified either by a skill or by using a magnifier and after that they are wieldable. Too bad this didn't cross anyone's mind earlier (assuming that I'm right). Perhaps we could do an NPC to do the identifying process?
This message used to be meaningful.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

sorry to burst ur bubble, but npcs dot have a script command to do that -_-
mandrake1983
Peon
Peon

Post by mandrake1983 »

Matt wrote:You can buy a bow in the desert and find a nice weapon somewhere else.
But seemingly you cannot equip weapons that you found somewhere (e.g. like the dagger).

I meen afaik one can only equip things that one bought... or what?

well, we'll see.

regards from germany :wink:,
mandrake
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I think Rotonen could be right, we have to check that and how to solve it. I'm sorry but I didn't play RO so much and probably I miss most of his features...
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Yes, there was a check on the item being identified, which I now worked around. So this problem should be gone. I guess we'll implement proper item identification in client once we're using our own server.
Javila
Peon
Peon

Post by Javila »

Bjørn wrote:Yes, there was a check on the item being identified, which I now worked around. So this problem should be gone. I guess we'll implement proper item identification in client once we're using our own server.
Great job Bjorn... BTW, thanks for remeber of give to me some credits about bug fix... ;-)
Bear wrote:sorry to burst ur bubble, but npcs dot have a script command to do that -_-
It's true, Bear... But did a NPC that identify dropped items... It's a little bit simple, but works... ;-)