My resignation from being TMW host.

Where game and project announcements are made.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Re: My resignation from being TMW host.

Post by Bjørn »

5t3v3 wrote:Also out of curiosity, how does deleting your character protect you from privacy issues? I mean your account is still active isn't it, and wouldn't personal information still be retrievable? And AFAIK users can't delete their accounts, right?

IDK, must be missing something obvious probably :p
I don't think you're missing something. Indeed deleting the characters doesn't do much of interest from a privacy perspective.

Since it is currently not possible to delete your account, I will delete accounts on request when you PM me your username and password. However, do note that at the moment there is no reason to hurry deleting your accounts, since we're still thinking about what to do. For the coming weeks the server will probably just remain on platinum since Platyna gave us a few weeks before we have to migrate.
jeto
Peon
Peon

Post by jeto »

Why do People DDOS this game? What they gain? I hate you all DDOSers. Go DDOS someone who EARNS it, there are enough worthy targets on this world. You may even gain fame, here you only gain hate.

Good work with hosting platyna, I never thinked those DDOS are actualy THIS big, so you did a good Job :P
Unfortunately usualy you only hear the bad mouthes, not the opinions of the people who just play and are happy. I appreciate all the work on the game by devs/hosters/GMs, but i usualy don't say this... would sound too much like I try to gain something from it. I am sure 99% of the players are with me here. Don't think the idiots are majority, they definitively are not.

About the dev wars i can't say much. Don't know whats goin on under the hood. But this is a nice game. Sad to see it go this way :(

About the privacy concerns of some people...WHAT privat data you refer to? I don't remember to add any data at all. Expect my email on this forum. But who uses their main email for such forums at all?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

jeto wrote:Why do People DDOS this game? What they gain? I hate you all DDOSers.
We once had a guy who got banned and tried to blackmail us into unbanning every single banned account. Needles to say that we would never do that.
About the privacy concerns of some people...WHAT privat data you refer to? I don't remember to add any data at all. Expect my email on this forum. But who uses their main email for such forums at all?
Passwords. A lot of people use the same login and password for multiple services. Yes, this is very bad from the security viewpoint, but a lot of people do it anyway out of convenience.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
nando
Novice
Novice

Post by nando »

I think in an hour that all should come together more so they can proceed when

Instead of discussion can be planned something better for TMW for more progress in this community

Now is no time for insults, but to unite, 4 years of project lost?

and the issue of *reset* in my opnião reset should reset all or none!

the text above, can understand 50% sorry for using translator ..
Toksyuryel
Peon
Peon

Post by Toksyuryel »

No years of the project are being lost.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

i am still up for a wipe as long as they find a way to reintroduce the rares maybe one old event every 3-6 days untell all of them have ben complete starting with the easiest.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

platyna could you please tell me the specs of the current machine we are running off of you?
doorsman
Warrior
Warrior

Post by doorsman »

Thank you for hosting us for a such long time Platyna. It was very kind of you. I think that nothing else can be said.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

meway wrote:platyna could you please tell me the specs of the current machine we are running off of you?
These are several machines. The user interface you can log in and where TMW runs on is 2xQuad Core Xeon, 320 GB disk, 6GB of RAM, HP Proliant DL140G3, 2x100 Mbit connection (just upgraded a few days ago hehe) with no transfer, ram, cpu, diskspace limits.

BTW, I wonder why I can't use signature and BBCode anymore. ;-) This is how Bjorn deals with his old team members. ;-) I wonder when I will get banned from a forum, which I was arguing for four years ago, since Bjown and Elven said this is not very useful for the project progress and development and they are not going to pay much attention to it. ;-)

Regards.
Last edited by Platyna on 07 May 2009, 02:03, edited 6 times in total.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Platyna wrote:
meway wrote:platyna could you please tell me the specs of the current machine we are running off of you?
These are several machines. The user interface you can log in and where TMW runs on is 2xQuad Core Xeon, 320 GB disk, 6GB of RAM, HP Proliant DL140G3, 2x100 Mbit connection (just upgraded a few days ago hehe) with no transfer, ram, cpu, diskspace limits.

Regards.
oh!!! *wines* just ignore the fool dont need to punish little meway :(
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Considering this whole situation, and how the old team members were treated (not only me, I am just a loudlest person among them ;)), I think most of serious people will rather think twice before doing anything for Bjorn and his project. Even if the posting where he is insulting me and praising his girlfiend's achievments in community development was digged in, moved to secret forums or deleted, Internet never forgets.

One more time thank you dear players for your nice words here and via email/PM. It was the greatest success that we managed to gather you here, even if admins were many years ignoring your existence. Bjorn doesn't deserve you. ;-) If not the community I would be leaving long time ago.

Adios Amigos.

--
Zuzanna K. Filutowska aka. Self-Seeking Witch.
http://platyna.platinum.linux.pl
Nigro did his work, nigro may now go.
I am playing [url=http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/]Regnum Online[/url] now. ;-)

PS1: Wow, after all these years of work for this project I don't even deserve a signature. ;-)
PS2: Bjorn, your knowledge about this forum software astonishes me everyday. I still have access to ACP.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

FYI, the "news" forum doesn't allow signatures nor does it allow phpBB code, which is why all the quotes after this topic was moved are broken.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Wombat wrote:FYI, the "news" forum doesn't allow signatures nor does it allow phpBB code, which is why all the quotes after this topic was moved are broken.
Thanks for pointing this out. This issue has now been fixed, I have no idea why bbcode wasn't allowed here.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Arr, what a nice fight :)

It's a pity we have to change from Platinium, it was the nicest server we ever had.
Platyna was also the nicest polish overlord lady we ever had :)

And we all know that Bjorns personality changed since he cut his beard :/
After Nokia bought Trolltech Bjorn went more evil than ever :( Damn Nokia...

Well, I hope Eugenio comes back Steve-Jobs-like, and tmw shall be saved!

Nah, afaik Bjorn has done a great job of being tmws lead (after me of course) and we should all be thankful for him - its a pity you dont get along with eachother anymore :/

But I guess its all about sex...

Thank you Zuzanna for being my little polish overlord lady :)
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

Matt wrote:Thank you Zuzanna for being my little polish overlord lady :)
I tell my Polish bartender that everytime I see her. Blessed are the polish overlord ladies, for they keep us in check :D.

Platyna, I never had any direct interractions with you, but I can honestly say you will be greatly missed. The huntress of the DDOS, mistress of the sandbox.

This isn't intended to be ill will or directed torwards anybody, especially since all of you have been really good to me in the short time I've been harassing you all :oops:, and this is a great project that I've fallen in love with... but perhaps better community guidelines or a code of ethics should be drafted to ensure consistency with certain affairs. Here's to progress and structure.

I love you all, and thank you again.