Fur and Centaur sketch

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

pateame

Fur and Centaur sketch

Post by pateame »

Based on the previous discussion about squirrel drops
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 7&start=15
There´s a sketch of the main idea: Do clothes with squirrel fur and think about the possibility of do new monsters for the needed stuff. (to do a full set for hats).

Previous fixes: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6109/oops.png
Current graphics:

For the squirrel hat, I was thinking on animate the tail and move it while player walk. The deer´s sketch will need much more time to get a correct animation, or your help of course.
For attack animations I was thinking on some kind of lethal "horn attack" or headbutt, so player will need to use long distance weapons to can attack deers. Be rude and help me learning :P. Any progress on set will be posted here.
Last edited by pateame on 31 May 2009, 16:22, edited 2 times in total.
trackhed
Peon
Peon

Re: Fur Clothes Ideas

Post by trackhed »

the deer's head looks a bit too small
other than that, looks a-ok
pateame

Post by pateame »

Yup, deer´s head hasn´t ears and horns are still unfinished, so it seems small in proportions.
I was trying to advance on normal movements and there´s how it looks:

ImageImage

I have never seen a deer on real life, but it seems a good way to know one.
My draw looks REALLY ugly compared with real art like this :lol:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Personaly I would prefer to have fewer real animals in the game and much more fantasy creatures instead.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
pateame

Post by pateame »

My short imagination only shows me demons or horned-ugly-things, not nice fluffy creatures as mouboo is :( . I try to adapt the last draw and recycle the old Deer to get some kind on rare "Deerman". Also use the spear movement posted by KermitmyFrag to get the attack movs.

Maybe with more work it could seem more like a minotaurus. Im not sure if is a Fantasy creature or a Mythologic creature but I keep trying.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

pateame wrote:My short imagination only shows me demons or horned-ugly-things, not nice fluffy creatures as mouboo is :( . I try to adapt the last draw and recycle the old Deer to get some kind on rare "Deerman". Also use the spear movement posted by KermitmyFrag to get the attack movs.

Maybe with more work it could seem more like a minotaurus. Im not sure if is a Fantasy creature or a Mythologic creature but I keep trying.
It's more like a centaur then a minotaur. A minotaur has the body of a man and the head (sometimes torso) of a beast (usually bull). A centaur has the body of a horse and the torso (and head) of a man.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The walk animation looks very strange, but the concept has potential, in my opinion.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
pateame

Post by pateame »

Thanks for support!. Legs are really confusing me on the ASS part :?
I add more frames on animation to fix the front part, but still need improve glitches on back part
(and maybe add a new tail different to deer´s tail. as a horse tail)

Everything is still a sketch but if I wish to create a real sprite sheet...
¿Did exist any limit on horizontal and vertical size?, I dont wish to be out of space, so will be good to know that.
I will try to start on back and front views, see ya.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

nope, there are no size limits.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Definitely potential here.

The attack animation lacks both thrust and killing intent.
This message used to be meaningful.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

This creature seems it might be capable of reason (human like qualities), and he is using a crafted weapon. This creature concept would have impact on universe order. If thats ok, then OK!

Furs is an awesome idea. I'd like to see the entire line of short hair fur clothing.

On animals, I believe part of the game concept is that there are plenty of monster creatures AND animal creatures, to draw a definitive line between evil monsters and standard animals. Man sort of relates to these animals in that evil monsters terrorize man and animal alike, and do no contribute well to 'the circle of life'.
pateame

Post by pateame »

It be hard to justify the presence of a centaur, and maybe can do a wrong way on TMW storyline.
There´s no gods or mythology as excuse, but there´s magic... Maybe we can imagine that centaur was a old wizard cursed by believe himself more powerful than 'mana' (nature), and forced to be an animal he exile away from people keeping safe his black magic secrets :shock: ...
I think isn´t good to propose this enemy as a common creature, maybe can works better as a boss inside some maze. Populate the world with those creatures be like accept than other "intelligent" tribe owns a territory.

There´s the sketch of the front view:
ImageImageImage
Sorry by focus this topic on something different of title (Fur Clothes!), topic will be evolving...
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

pateame wrote:Thanks for support!. Legs are really confusing me on the ASS part :?

I found this very interesting to do, im busy studying up on a dears anatomy and walking patterns.

I think I may have figured out the trick to a smooth walking transition which is very exciting. Here is one leg I have been working on (10 frames), I'll try to complete the other legs as well, a bit later today.
centaur.gif
centaur.gif (2.38 KiB) Viewed 6399 times
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: Fur Clothes and centaur sketch

Post by EJlol »

It kinda looks like it doesn't have any bones.
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Re: Fur Clothes and centaur sketch

Post by adamaix »

You may be right, though the detail is very hard to do at this level. Right know though, I'm more interested in getting a decent walking sequence. Angle and structure can tweaked afterwards.