The greed here is making me ill

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Grism
Peon
Peon

Re: The greed here is making me ill

Post by Grism »

Ahoi@all!
Yes. Sad but true! I think one of the best member has leave.
He wrote :
"[....]....Location: Unknown
And so I wander, alone, searching for a better place to exist....[...]"
:arrow: http://qoal.110mb.com/ :shock: :!:

I think , no , i know , he IS NOT 'alone'! So i hope he noticed this!
I am angry! Some things are makin me friendly!
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

Everyone "buzzing" around and picking up items without thought to why the items are being dropped is a daily occurrence in this game. With so many people doing this I can hardly fault those who chose to pick up items.

More importantly, it's always sad to see good players go.

In this instance we are seeing two of the best people leave. You'll never find more friendly and helpful people than Qoal and Don. I hesitate to lump them together as I could easily talk at length about how each is an asset, not merely to the game but the community. But I fear my words wouldn't be sufficient in describing what these two fine individuals have meant to us. No doubt we've all benefited from their presence, and their absence will be felt by all those whose lives they've touched in one way or another. So I will just say: Gentlemen, it has been my honor to share your company. Although you leave us now, you will not be forgotten. If you choose to return at some point, know that you will return to open arms and warm smiles :) . Until that day.... Good Luck and Godspeed.

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
Arilious
Novice
Novice

Post by Arilious »

People come, people go. It is a game, and it shouldn't be the concern of the players why someone drops rares. In a game full of various people, if someone does that, it should be expected that crazed newbies attack each other in a frenzy of insanity to catch an otherwise difficult-to-obtain item.

The community changes all the time, and it is up to each individual to either change with it, leave, or try to keep some remnant of what they love. Do not fret for those who move on, congratulate them on bigger and better things.

:)
OnymA
Novice
Novice

Post by OnymA »

:cry:
*wool producing*
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

The reason why no one tried to stop him is because he is a person who makes their own choices (or should be). I can honestly tell you if i saw this happening to i wouldn't take the time and try to talk to him i would be grabbing the rares. It's a game if he wants to quit and drop all his items that's his choice i don't think he needs me (who he doesn't even know that well) telling him what he should and/or shouldn't do.
Join us in Holy Mana and become Strong.

http://www.freewebs.com/holymanaclan
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Post by sugarcorgit »

Dropping rares doesnt mean they are not still on the job.
sugar
knulfine
Novice
Novice

Post by knulfine »

I didn't ask either. I wondered and than understood. I understood when I saw the first rare item dropped. And I think this way to leave the game is nice, even if it's spectetcular and worth an own thread. To drop your things before leaving is nice. And why not pick it up? Why leave them untill they vanish? He dropped it and knew very well that others would pick it up. I picked up 3 items myself. So what? I found that way to leave very nice. He could have deleted his character with the rares in the inventory, too. But didn't.
Thanks QOAL for the drops :)
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

we should make an orginasation to prevent ppl from virtual suicide! for their own good!
Mieze
Peon
Peon

Post by Mieze »

i cant understand why so many ppl are afraid of starting all over sometimes, of leaving situations to live new ones.

A part of live is leave things behind... so i cant see a problem. nice act to drop the stuff and dont let it get lost by deleting the acc.

GL wherever you go to.
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

knulfine wrote:I didn't ask either. I wondered and than understood. I understood when I saw the first rare item dropped. And I think this way to leave the game is nice, even if it's spectetcular and worth an own thread. To drop your things before leaving is nice. And why not pick it up? Why leave them untill they vanish? He dropped it and knew very well that others would pick it up. I picked up 3 items myself. So what? I found that way to leave very nice. He could have deleted his character with the rares in the inventory, too. But didn't.
Thanks QOAL for the drops :)
my sentiments exactly. when you leave an mmo, it is customary to trade your items to your best friends.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

Toksyuryel wrote:This is exactly why there needs to be regular wipes on this server. People are getting far too attached to their characters and putting WAY too much value into items, completely losing sight of what the goal and purpose of this server really is.
Actually, the players do need to play this way.

Because this is all a test, the developers need to see the way players play in a natural setting, so this is a fantastic test being able to see the way the player dynamics work. If everyone playing knew this was just a test, and didn't see this as a game the test would be flawed. The developers need to test not only the content, but the way the economy works as well.

Furthermore, concerning player's "greed", it's all normal and I wouldn't call it greed. The players don't realize/care why someone is dropping rare items on the ground, and so they merely grab them quickly!
Think of it this way, someone is walking around town handing out gold and diamond jewelry, the person gives you a fantastic necklace and walks away. Odds are you don't care why the person was doing this, after all, you just received something worth thousands!
:)
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

man this topic is getting repetitive.
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

Just let it go, man, let it go. :)
The question of free will is whether, and in what sense, rational agents exercise control over their actions and decisions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will
Addex
Peon
Peon

Post by Addex »

That sucks, But you shouldn't leave, Because you will never find a game with friendly community like this..
My new character is Earthmover, my character is gone? :|
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

Yes, this game starts to get to you after awhile when everyone knows everyone. Starts to become like life, but everyone has to go sometime. I never was real good friends with QOAL but he wanted to leave, theres not always a reason for leaving, just sometimes you gotta go.
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."