bug in Lora Tay's cough quest

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

paithan
Peon
Peon

bug in Lora Tay's cough quest

Post by paithan »

I am kinda upset - I just started and spent 3 days working on the Lora Tay's cough quest which has you save up 30k gold and roughly 60 bunny furs...

after doing all this for the prereqs.. you then have to give water... i was level 40 .. a good ways towards 41... Lora Tay says - you get 50k experience points .. I go and look excitedly!!!!

er im 2k exp over 41.. and the entire level to get to 42 is something like 38000 exp... what happened? Why didnt I get the entire credit of 50k like the lady said....

is there a remedy for this? are all the quests like this?

Not very encouraging:(
octalot
Novice
Novice

Re: bug in Lora Tay's cough quest

Post by octalot »

http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=515
Rauk's is the only other really-big-XP quest; but I wasn't expecting this to affect someone above level 40.
Retired from TMW; incomplete projects looking for a dev:
Cave foliage (plants up the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5659
Cave wetwalls (water down the walls): http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5816
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I remember that I read somewhere, maybe holymanaclan.webs.com's walkthrough, that the most it would raise you is 1 level and if it gets you to another lvl you don't get the extra exp?

Maybe i'm wrong, idk.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Goku wrote:I remember that I read somewhere, maybe holymanaclan.webs.com's walkthrough, that the most it would raise you is 1 level and if it gets you to another lvl you don't get the extra exp?

Maybe i'm wrong, idk.
Exactly. The Mantis ticket Octalot linked to has more detail about it.
paithan
Peon
Peon

Post by paithan »

That stinks- i would have planned everything completely different if i had known that.. waaay different and i wouldnt have wasted it.. would have spent the 30k gold somewhere else.. all kinds of things different.. (ie saved myself 3 days of play.. )
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

I mentioned this on the IRC about a week or so ago (but it was regarding Rauk's Dark Green Dye quest - be forewarned!! It's the same issue.)

I suggested that the wording be changed in the NPC's dialog (perhaps even notifying the player in advance about how the XPs work). Rather than presenting an absolute (you received so many XPs), the text should be modified to (up to so many XPs) or some such modification.