Im new

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Im new

Post by Hommer »

Hey everybody im new and just started this game today i was just wondering if there is a way to chose a class, and or group system or if theres anyone my lvl outthere im lvl 6 anyways this game looks cool and im very intrested in playing
Darrin
Peon
Peon

Post by Darrin »

hey hommer i jsu saw you in game not to long ago anyways... there is no class sytem.job lvl only goes to 10. at i think lvl 4-7 you can sit ddown using the f5 button. and there is alot more stuff to tell but im lazy so maybe you can ask me somtime latter
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

The README should provide some explanations
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Yes dont we all love them read me's :)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Maybe there should be a note at the download page to prevent people from spamming the forums with questions that are answered in the readme?
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Well..thats actually what the readme is for. But im sure they can put by the downloads "read the read me before opening the game" and maybe that will help. But no matter what you put when someone downloads a game do you think they want to read? Nah they want to play lol. Plus half the time people post on the downloads page..they dont even read it they just go right to download so they can play.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

How about forcing people to read the readme before playing for the first time? Opening at start-up or something. :P
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Yeah that's the idea, we want something like a beginners tutorial.
nym
Novice
Novice

Post by nym »

Hmmmmm, what about an in game help system? It could be accessed via a button in the status window or something. Using the in game help system people can easily access it while playing the game :)
YOU ARE READING THIS!
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

In the last development meeting (yesterday) I asked Mra to think on a simple help window, it will be a start...
Chicken
Peon
Peon

Post by Chicken »

Why not have an option in the start up menu saying tutorial and then you goto some offline levels and basicly you have a guide of some sort and he tells you how to do things then you do it then when you've done everything you will be taken back to the menu?

That way it' more interesting then reading a whole bunch of stuff.
Yeep
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Good idea
fmct
Peon
Peon

Post by fmct »

The section "Creating tutorials for beginners" in this article could serve as a good read (written from experience by the creator of Eternal Lands):

http://www.devmaster.net/articles/mmorp ... /part2.php
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The offline tutorial is an interesting idea. It'll remove the peer pressure from people when they're doing it. ("Hey that guy isn't doing this, I don't want to look like a n00b, screw this tutorial!")
This message used to be meaningful.