Just some concept doodles

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Just some concept doodles

Post by Modanung »

I did some sketches...

Some weapon doodles:

...and a guy with armor:
His legs are way too short, but what the hack.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Hm...not bad not bad. The legs are to short and i dont really like the angle the guy is standing in..but overall its a pretty nice sketch. Keep up the good work.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Did another half sketch today, took me 15-30 minutes I think.
A guy walking through a dungeon/cave... that explains the look on his face. Maybe I'll finish it someday.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Those weapon sketches are sweet. I want that middle sword. :D
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I'll draw some weapons for in-game use soon.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

2 questions: "What are those?" and "Why are those?"
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

What are what?
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

I'm pretty sure the first image is filled with weapon concepts and the other two are concept characters, mostly showing off concept equipment.

Rotonen probably means it needs more purpose though. Like the equipment would fit a certain style, be used in a certain area or have a certain history. I think these things can fit into place both in advance or afterwards though, and can also be filled in by other persons.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Bjørn is right on that one.
It's a good thing we have translators here, isn't it..? ;)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Like: "It's a sword of the sea-folk, the shape is a tribute to the crabpeople that made tv-shows for them. For generations these grabpeople suplied the sea-folk with entertainment, for free. Until one day a vulcano erupted, which killed all crabpeople. Some of the sea-folk survived the catastrophe. Their sworddesigner, who was a great fan of the crabpeoples shows, made a sworddesign tributed to the crabpeople. The few other sea-folk survivors liked the idea of showing gratitude to the crabpeople, and so it was decided the national sea-folk logo would be a crabs claw. The sword fitted mighty fine in this idea and became the standard issue sword of the sea-folk national guard... (and so on and so on)"

Something like that?
Golgo
Novice
Novice

Post by Golgo »

Not bad, looks like you need to sharpen your pencil there :P .
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Well yeah, something like that.. I want everything to have a story behind it.. It deepens the world a lot. (And is usually fun to make up.)
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Did some more sketches...

Longbloom cactus (Cactea Monoflorencis Ansa F.):

The roots/braches of this plant are cut off by the locals and the juice that runs from it is used to make cactus drinks. The dried roots/branches are then used for making cake.
The plant has enough spare nutriens in his main planty-blob to survive long enough to grow new roots/branches.
It has one big flower that blooms the whole year, the peddles fall off and regrow. The peddles are gathered by alchemists to crush and then make cactus potions out of.

Herbagressor:

A big herbivoric animal. Although he is not a very agressive creature he is able to defend himself pretty well, he has a big horn that starts on top of his nose, between his eyes, aswell as 2 horns on the tip of his tail. He also has hardened scales on his shoulders.
Dispite his big body this animal is pretty fast because of his strong hindlegs and can storm at his foe with great speed if he wants to. Or he can run if he is hunted after.

Random heavy armor design:

Sorry Rotonen, no particular story behind this one. It's armor, and it's heavy. :roll:

btw, the names of the organisms are temporal.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I really like the plant, I'd like to create a farm where people make cactus drinks by exploiting fields of those plants.

About the big animal, well the pixel conversion of it looks promising
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Thanks. :)
For everyone who hadn't seen the pixelized monster yet:

It isn't finished yet.