Another (Dead) Idea

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bear
Warrior
Warrior

ew -_-

Post by Bear »

Step 3: Ghost
- While being a ghost the spiritual energy of the player (INT, MP or something) will decrease.
- Ghosts can only move around as long as they have spiritual energy.
- Ghosts can't be revived by other players (because "ghosts" are invisible )
- Ghosts can revive themselves at shrines to cut down long walks?
Well, think of it this way
Its highly unlikely that a ghost attacks someone..
And the SE(Spiritual Energy) would create a sort of panic for the ghost IF he chooses to be ghost
And aside from those, the shrines.
But yes i do agree that ghosts shouldnt be able to use items.

I just like this idea, making shrines as checkpoints in long dungeons will not frustrate people. Moreover help them.

Would u like it if u were at the last room of a dungeon, and u die?!
i certainly wouldnt, so theres the Ghost thing, What if we put checkpoint/shrines at the begining/middle/end of the dungeon. Then people wouldnt hafto start over. All they would need to do is walk to the nearest shrine to revive themselves.
treo
Peon
Peon

Post by treo »

I like peacemaker's idea as well
HaLLanHype
Novice
Novice

Post by HaLLanHype »

I dont think letting them walk around as a ghost is good...

you shouldnt be able to follow people around till they can revive you... if they cant then your out of luck like all other games.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

What about this: when you die and become a ghost, you can walk around anywhere on the map you're on. However, you can't interact with anything, and while you can see and talk to other ghosts, live players can't see you, nor can you talk to them. If you try, all that comes up for them (unless they have a certain passive spell) is a message saying they feel a "ghostly presence," or something along those lines. As such, you could alert people to your presence, which would then indicate that someone on the map wants to be revived, but not allowing the reviver to know right away who they are or where their body is (I agree with the idea, wherever it was posted, that people should be revived at their body, not at their ghost, so that they come back right where they died). If you find a body and try to revive the person (or potentially anyone), they get a message saying, "[Playername] is trying to bring you back! Will you go?" The ghost can then decide to accept or reject the revival. If they accept, then the reviver gets some sort of bonus from the revivee; say, a percentage of their gold automatically transfers to the reviver. If they reject it, nothing happens (this is to prevent people from killing newbies and then immediately reviving them in order to take their gold). The ghost can alternately walk/float to an NPC in a town or whatnot to be revived, which instantly transfers their body to the town, but carries a heavier penalty (more gold?). The reason for the heavier penalty is to discourage people from abusing respawning like can happen in other games ("I need to get to town fast...time to die!" Sounds goofy, but it does happen). It would also encourage people to be healer-types and develop the ability to actually hear what the ghosts are saying to them so that they can find the bodies.

In the way of preventing ghosts from exploring deep into dungeons, there's always the possibility of simply making such areas ghost-restrictive, where if they try to enter (or go further in, if they died within one) they are immediately transported back to their body. Bodies, in this case, would stick around until the player was revived (or disconnected, in which case they would respawn at the last town they visited and take a heavy penalty).

That's my idea, anyhow.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Bear »

This topic only gets better i see XD, i like Tolarocs idea :o

Its a mix of basicaly all of the ideas, adding in a little ghostly feel tothe game. But i think we should also have the shrines... to let ghosts revive themselves, because if your one of the few who dont like playing with others, then your basicaly screwed if u meet a miniboss or something.
Kineticstorm
Novice
Novice

Post by Kineticstorm »

I think when you die there should be two options: Spawn at nearest town(with penalty) or save point(shrine?), or Wait to get revived(turn into ghost) because Talaroc stated that when you die you turn into a ghost but can only stay in the map you died in but you can respawn by going to a town. If you can only stay in the map you died in how are you going to go to a town if you died 3 maps away from the town? So I think it should be optional to become a ghost.

I also think the penalty for respawning in towns or save points should be more than just gold... and the penalty for getting revived by someone should be maybe like a sickness that reduces your max HP and/or MP to half for like 2 minutes?
I love you too. :)
treo
Peon
Peon

Post by treo »

Beeing revived by someone should be better than beeing revived in the town I think.
The reviver should get some experience but no gold or something, I think that is like looting somebodys body :roll:
The one who is revived should loose some experience or something like that,
maybe loose some job experience?
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

I find it better to revive in town with LESS penalties...., like in most other MMORPGs you lose less experience if you respawn to town, because when you respawn to closer places, you deserve a few extra exp points marked off...

Its like... Giving 5GP to go to a town FAR away while giving 10GP to go to the next town...
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I agree with Talaroc in quite everything, nice ideas, anyway I was thinking that maybe secret areas, as dungeons could be protected by dark magic or something similar so if you become a ghost you are teleported out of the secret place and can't enter because of a magic barrier.