Something really off topic - The Swine Flue "Pandemic"

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Something really off topic - The Swine Flue "Pandemic"

Post by meway »

oh thats horrible hope there is no deaths to come
trivium_9191
Novice
Novice

Post by trivium_9191 »

Im getting really paranoid. I am in canada and theres 30! cases in toronto. and thats only a few hours from my house...
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

dont be getting the swine flue is like getting a cold i get over it just takes a little longer nothing to worry about if your not small children or elderly
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

oh no, I'm both!
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

o.o what what ?
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

A small 3 year old child in The Netherlands had the swine flue. Nothing bad happened. The child is fine again. So I don't see the extra danger for small children there. The swine flue is maybe the most dangerous for Mexicans. But in Europe people can cope quite well.
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

yes i agree katze people in different areas have different amunities
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Why would people have immunity for something which just jumped to people from pigs?

Yes, people who have a wave of influenza yearly will build immunity faster than people who have never had a flu: it is similar after all. This is not the same as having immunity as you have to fight the virus in your body instead of just banning it from entering. Also when you lack the detection for it, it can get really widespread within your body before your immune system gets the first hint of it. This can be too late for some people, namely people who are not in their prime physical condition to begin with.
This message used to be meaningful.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

:? on that note is it in your area yet?
chs1010
Peon
Peon

Post by chs1010 »

the swine flu is a load of nonsense, ok its actually there and people catch it but its no different from other flus, its only such a great deal now because its related to the flu that pigs can catch which cant be transferred to people unless you hang around with a pig with that flu for most of your life lol, even if you do catch that one it cant transfer from person to person, the one theyre on about has been around forever basically, it just has similar genes to the one from pigs

other news, i think i had it lol, probably not, it was probably just a cold but im still fairly confident im not gonna die from it XD

EDIT: rotonen: it didnt jump from people to pigs, the h1n1 virus is a complete different strain of the flu, the same effects basically but its only related to the one from pigs

godd people, stop worrying!!! -.- lol remember bird flu? you know, the disease that would kill us all or most, well guess what, were still here and that was also just another human flu related to the flu from an animal, people die from flu often anyway, as sad as that fact is, its just some peoples health care systems arent as good or their immunity isnt
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

The worry isn't because it's related to the one pigs get, but because h1n1 has struck before. A while back in history..

You know what happened? 1 out of every 3 had it, 1 out of every 5 died. It literaly took out about a fifth of the world's population at the time.. We're talking millions back then..

Also the trend was that there was a small wave of the flu, then a giant leap which killed most people then it went back down then another great leap, but not as large till it eventually died down.

Sure we now have way better health care, depending on where you live.., but you can never be too safe. What the "experts" are afraid of is if that trend holds true. Then we've seen nothing yet.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Dark Magician
Peon
Peon

Post by Dark Magician »

hey yo im gonna go wit thew dude who said put all pigs at the orth pole then nuke em all no more swine flu. and i bet from this post im making right now everybody is gonna be like :shock: DM is n the forums again! havnt seen him in forever!

BTW im 11 idk how easy id be able to get rid of swine flu if had it
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I have to say that I am really disappointed in this "pandemic".

Where are the dead bodies piling on the street corners?

Where are the sick orphans begging for food?

Where are the plague doctors walking through the streets?

Where are the preachers demanding the lynching of random minorities in search of a scapegoat?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Hexy
Novice
Novice
Location: Sell/Buy: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =14&t=6827

Post by Hexy »

This is a big clue nothing more, but nothing less.

Pigs get killed for it, and the meet don't get used. For a ill that nothing has to do with them than a small genetic similarity and the name. (btw i dont wonder, we humans have a very similar genetic to pigs too)

I would like to know what else ill the ppl had that died officially on the pig fever. They got some others hard infections or illness 4 sure, but actualy nobody is interested in talking about tbc, malaria, hiv, colera, hepatitis... Or a bad defense-breaking live in gold-, silver-, zink- and coppermines for our industry down there in Mexico, mixed with malnurishment and the known high coca-consume to survive that way of live.

If a person in health with normal defens system gets this fever, he will resolve it without or with light medicaments... there is no trouble at all.
Greetz,
Hexy and Hexy's Mom

Tintin
Novice
Novice

Post by Tintin »

Look its simple as everyone knows :roll: The Swine flue is just another strand of a currently existing virus in fact there are only two big strains of flue so technically you can only get a flue twice so most people would already be imune to swine flue, even then it is weaker then a normal flue, trust me i'd rather get swine flue and dodge the real thing but i already had the real thing and its nasty most people have had flue before.

Swine flue = weak almost harmless virus massively overhyped and nothing to worry about.

Bird Flue = exteremly deadly Virus that no-one ever gets thus no point worrying about it.

people just love to hype, nothing I can do about it...