some player's experience

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

alzen
Peon
Peon

some player's experience

Post by alzen »

hi guys; first of all i want to thank you for making that game. i have one problem with the game, so(v0.0.12):

#1(problem)
i collected some of that "green goos" that i can aquire after killing those white worms. and when it was somewhere about 100 i died and it turned to 16; i thought maybe it is shown bad so i dropped and i could only drop 16 so i had 16. next possibility; i am lusing some stuff after dead; so for test; died again :twisted:; and no; it supraised me; cuz after that dead i had again 137 of that goos. and here is the tale; i had inventory window opened when dying second time so i saw numer switched from 16 to 137. ok i have no clue what may that be; just wanted to report that. i want to point that i did not log out beetween dyings; and i am kinda of afraid that if log out occured i might have lost those items but i am not sure.

#2(problem)
game do not loads with guichan 0.4.0 installed; i guess u know that, again; just wanted to report.

#3(suggestion)
i suggest to make some player list with nicknames; game teritory is still quite little and even now i am not sure if some person is logged in or not. hmm; just a second ago i got another idea borned of that one. maybe on this kind of list we may start private chat windows with some of the player after his/her comfirmation?

#4(discovery)
your logo(very nice indeed seems so similiar to ubuntu linux one; but in your version the guys have their heads cutted off :twisted:
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Hehe, yeah our logo did end up similar to the Ubuntu one without heads. Also note we have a mana world inside. :-)

A list of online players can be seen here:
http://animesites.de/~tmw-server/online.txt
We do plan to add a buddy list and private chat but we can't finish that before 0.0.13.

While 0.0.12 doesn't work with Guichan 0.4.0, the current development version and thus also 0.0.13 will only work with Guichan 0.4.0.

There indeed seems to be still a big with inventory amount display. This shouldn't be a server side bug so when you'd log on and off the amount should show as it is. It would be nice if we could fix this for the next version.
alzen
Peon
Peon

Post by alzen »

ok, next part:

#1(problem)
one annoying think; last times i have occured something like stopping life regeneration; i can sit, i can stay; wait and wait and my life does not want to regen. i can also turn the game off and log in again and no change; i can even die and nothing changes(hmm, no, it helped one time). it works again after some amount of time.

#2(problem)
just a minor bug i guess; in dungeon(with black scorps etc.) yesterday i got several leather shirts and i picked them up but their icons were still on the ground. it did not appear on other items

#3(uncomfortable thing)
this is about time when i want to drop some number of some things. yesterday a pal asked me for about 500 arrows and i gave it to him, but when i started i realized that i need to push that "+" button 500 times to do so. it will be really nice if i can just push that one and let the number go higher and higher :wink:
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Problem #1 is probably because you're carrying too much. Javila has added display of total and maximum weight you are carrying to inventory window, which should allow you to check this.

Problem #2, indeed sometimes items seem not to disappear from the map, somebody should look into this problem.

Uncomfortable thing #3, just today nym has been working on an integer text box which will replace the label so that you can just type the number. Push and hold also sounds like a nice solution though.
alzen
Peon
Peon

Post by alzen »

hmm, solution to just type a number seems even more comfortable for me; but i won't scream if we will have both of them(place to type number and button that i can just hold) at the same time :o