Graveyard - time to get it going

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

John P
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Graveyard - time to get it going

Post by John P »

too ambiguous, meway.

One of you fine artists should come up with a symbol that devs can all agree on to represent some religion or the concept of afterlife in TMW. That symbol can later be worked into the game more thoroughly when religion becomes more prominent.

The above symbol could be displayed in various ways on tombstones. Perhaps draw inspiration from that greenish world symbol on top of the forum :mrgreen:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Good way of thinking, John P, but I am afraid a discussion about the religion of the mana world would go too far beyond the scope of this topic. Please talk about this in a new thread.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Small change of plan regarding the mapping: After talking with Jaxad we decided to place the graveyard in a slightly different location:

This means two swamp maps instead of one. The two maps can be combined into one larger map at the mappers discretion.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Also, for now, we could give direct access from the map that would lead into the swap. Something like the graveyard's wall was damaged and there is a repair crew. But due to the living dead, they are having problems and could use your help. That would give a temporary quest that could be integrated (though not in a required way) into a larger one the swamp is done and the wall repaired.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Considering that we have all the tiles needed for the swamp, mapping could start immediately. The mapping for the graveyard itself will have to wait a while.

Depends on when we will find a mapping volunteer. When someone comes forward now there will be enough time to create the swamp before all the tiles for the graveyard are ready.
  • NOT a game master

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

True. Hopefully, we'll have it ready by Halloween so we can use it in that event.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I started with creating some tiles for the graveyard wall/fence. Will be developed in this thread:
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 44&p=55683
  • NOT a game master

Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

I would like to work on the swamp map(s) if you guys would permit that. Because after the false start on a swampish map for Fate, I've had a desire to make one.

A few inquiries first: Is this map being ditched?
Is there to be a transition between the regular water tiles and the swamp tiles? Or should the tiles be kept separate?
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Superkoop wrote:A few inquiries first: Is this map being ditched?
Yes. It's from Aethyra anyway, so I don't think that any tears will be shed when we don't use it.
Is there to be a transition between the regular water tiles and the swamp tiles? Or should the tiles be kept separate?
There is no transition and I don't think that it is easy/plausible to create one. Please keep it separate.
  • NOT a game master

aroleon
Novice
Novice

Post by aroleon »

Crush wrote:
Superkoop wrote:A few inquiries first: Is this map being ditched?
Yes. It's from Aethyra anyway, so I don't think that any tears will be shed when we don't use it.
I've been working on this since octalot handed this over. Please see http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =13&t=6848.

aro
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

OK Aroleon, when you want to finish the map we can use your map for the eastern new map and let Superkoop do the western new map as a swamp map.

This means you have to add a path leading to the west.
  • NOT a game master

aroleon
Novice
Novice

Post by aroleon »

Thanks. I know I took it on and didn't give any feedback, but I was worried that my work had gone for nothing.

I'll pull my finger out and see if I can finish (at least the northern one) this week.

aro
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Current status:

Tile Art: Crush (unless someone else wants to help)
Mapping east swamp: Aroleon
Mapping west swamp: Superkoop
Mapping graveyard: noone yet
Music: noone yet
Scripting: noone yet
  • NOT a game master

feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

I have just created a short track for the graveyard. Right now it's just over a minute and a half long and loopable. How long should I make it? I can extend it if needs be. I'll post it in another thread once I've finished my first draft and post a link here. (Or if you rather I'll just post it here).
~Feline Monstrosity