Reset

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Yeah, and reset your stats to zero makes a lot of sense :roll:
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Well maybe you could undo it before you attack, use magic or any other abilities... otherwise it would be abused.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Ok, I understand now, but still don't see the point. EXP points are easy to get and you should know how to spend them. There is no need to make the game foolproof
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

There's no point. Once we transition into our new server, we won't be using allocated skill points; skills will be based on your actions (ex, swinging your sword a lot will raise your skill with swords).
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

But as for the temporary eathena server: in spirit of the private RO servers, we could have a really expensive stat/skill reset npc.
This message used to be meaningful.
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

tisk tisk tisk, having reset npc = bad :(

ANYWAYS heres my solution, make a npc that can reset your status IF you are under level 15, so those who mess up on stats in early levels can reset and fix it before its too late!
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

DUDE its a mmorpg ive played many and theres no point in making a reset npc because it would make all the characters the same once somone finds out the best combanation of stats. without a reset npc the game would be alot better and would be more diverse saying that it wouldnt matter all on lvl but on stats so each could find there own way to set up there stats
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Was that what he meant?
Damn, I sooo disagree! :P
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Hommer
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Hommer »

huh you disagree with me??
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Hommer wrote:huh you disagree with me??
No, I disagree with Iamaeryk.
Rarara
Peon
Peon

Post by Rarara »

=(

I like a LOT the idea of a reset possibility. As long as there's a very large penalty for reseting, I think it'd be a great way to entertain the players that will quit because they're bored of doing always the same thing but don't want to start from scratches to see some changes.

I don't think it'd be hard to incorporate it into the story.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Rarara wrote:=(

I like a LOT the idea of a reset possibility. As long as there's a very large penalty for reseting, I think it'd be a great way to entertain the players that will quit because they're bored of doing always the same thing but don't want to start from scratches to see some changes.

I don't think it'd be hard to incorporate it into the story.
I guess we could do something like resetting at the penalty of losing half your stat points.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Hommer wrote:DUDE its a mmorpg ive played many and theres no point in making a reset npc because it would make all the characters the same once somone finds out the best combanation of stats. without a reset npc the game would be alot better and would be more diverse saying that it wouldnt matter all on lvl but on stats so each could find there own way to set up there stats
That is an excellent point.
This message used to be meaningful.
Rarara
Peon
Peon

Post by Rarara »

It's only true that if all characters do the same thing. That's not the case, mmorpgs are just complex games of rock-paper-scissors. And I don't think the disparity of characters due by people making mistakes should be wished for =(
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Still the reset option would suck bigtime.