Display local time in client

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

aroleon
Novice
Novice

Display local time in client

Post by aroleon »

I'd like to have a clock on the screen so that I don't lose contact entirely with the real world :)

Here's a quick proof-of-concept I hacked together:
temp.png
temp.png (69.94 KiB) Viewed 1445 times
(I'm not a C++ programmer, so I copied the existing progress bars and knocked this up. There's probably a more elegant way of doing it).

aro
Ces
Novice
Novice

Re: Display local time in client

Post by Ces »

It is getting quite crowded up there already. Yet a clock could be quite useful, especially for the “addicted” and time restrainted. :wink:

General suggestion:
* Make the labels and buttons in the top row toggable.

Clock suggestions:
* Make it toggle between local and server time (by perhaps clicking on it) and have a way of showing which is shown.
* Perhaps using the user’s locale where possible to format the time.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

A quite superfluous gimmick, in my opinion. Just play TMW in window mode and you can see the clock of your desktop.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

this would be quiet useful , if someday TMW has its own day / night system
and its own internal time system.
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

Crush wrote:A quite superfluous gimmick, in my opinion. Just play TMW in window mode and you can see the clock of your desktop.
A small clock displaying local time shouldn't be too difficult to manage. I would think this would be rather easy. And if you find it a "superfluous gimmick", make it removable such as a player's name (Setup > Video > Show Name). Call it Show Local Time.

And if there's not enough room on the Video Tab of the Setup window, try removing the virtually pointless "Visible names" option. (I'm still trying to figure out when removing everyone's name from the screen is going to make this game more effective.)