Northeastern Island

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

krazyjakee
Peon
Peon

Northeastern Island

Post by krazyjakee »

Hi there, i'm new but not new to 2D mmorpg development, i worked with playerworlds, konfuze and elysium engines in the past (not the same but similar).
I don't know if i'm going too far ahead of development plans or if i'm making some sort of mistake, but I would like to work on this northeastern island as a "tropical" island, i'm pretty sure you understand what that means (palm trees, beaches etc). So with the dev teams confirmation I would like to start work on some plans.

What do you think or suggest? thank you.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Northeastern Island

Post by John P »

I like the idea. On the map it is called a 'tribal' island. That island had better be tropical.

The main reasons this project should be a go:
I think if this project goes forward, there will be actual use for the beach tileset, and the sliver of land connecting tulimshar and hurnscald should be removed and replaced by a boat/transport system. You talk to the man at the Hurnsdock and he asks where you would like to go, a map pops up and you can select Tulimshar, Kaizei (snow land), or Tribal Island.

Also some cool tribal gear, board shorts, bamboo stuff and hula skirts and coconuts for the ladies ;)
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

I would love to see some new content and new areas especially! I dunno if we should wait until the area between Hurnscald and the coast near that island is done first but altering the map to suit what is being developed is probably alright (yes?). I would particularly love to see a tropical area because I once created a jungle track and I've been waiting for just such an occaision for it to be used!
~Feline Monstrosity
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I don't know if i'm going too far ahead of development plans or if i'm making some sort of mistake, but I would like to work on this northeastern island as a "tropical" island, i'm pretty sure you understand what that means (palm trees, beaches etc). So with the dev teams confirmation I would like to start work on some plans.
Which of the necessary skills do you have, krazyjakee?

Just to make sure: Are you aware that we don't use any graphics which are not licensed under the GNU General Public License? I am just asking because a lot of people from the communities around the engines you mentioned don't care about copyright and rip everything they get their hands on.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
krazyjakee
Peon
Peon

Post by krazyjakee »

Well my input would be to organise a few people to draw up some map designs, important places, music and quest ideas, list tiles needed etc. Then go about organising a mapping team to integrate it all together and all in great detail so that everyone knows what is going on at all times.

Even before we start I am seeing some problems with the island in terms of it's place on the world map. It's a tropical island and yet so close to a desert and green woodland, it seems a bit far-fetched unless the island was further away from Argaes. Hope you can understand.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

We can always add more to the world.