My resignation from being TMW host.

Where game and project announcements are made.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: My resignation from being TMW host.

Post by Platyna »

Since the TMW community collected money for the disks, then I think, even if Bjorn prefers his pride than the good of the project, I decided to change my mind. You don't have to move.

At least I see the community do appreciate the service.

However I do keep a right to shut down TMW services in cases of another DDoS.

And services here cannot be bought for money anyway. But I know this project is simply going to crash and burn without decent hosting (it was laughable when one of proposition was 400 Mhz box placed under some guys desk. ;))

MadCamel, you joined here three months ago, nor I, nor Bjorn has any idea about your real skills or what kind of person you are, no offence, but would you give thousands users data to some person on the Internet you barely know for three months? As a sysadmin you should know well about limited trust policy.

Bjorn you are being irresponsible again. And moving the evidence of your irresponsibility to Parking loot is not going to erase it.

Bjorn has crosed the line when removed my moderator permissions on this forum and put here Crush (he as a person who doesn't desire power has quite alot of it when I have gave up blocking his notoric attempts to not have it) just because I commented out his nepotism.

It is not that I desperately crave for power, since I gave up eathena administration even if Bjorn said he will resign from eathena admin role and he is not going to put his nose into it - for the good of project, however in 2005 this forum was pretty dead and full of spam. Bjorn and Elven stated clearly they are not going to read it since it is not going to be a development tool at all (hell yeah...).

Thanks to this forum our community has grew and stays close toghether, and most of important things for the development of this game are discussed here. And even if I left eathena administration and content development to Bjorn, where he could put his girlfriends, his mom, his cat and his brother and any person who has written a line of code, in power, I was still keeping an eye on this forum.

I have god given right to be an admin of this forum. :twisted:

Regards.

PS: Bjorn fix finally the signatures. You are teh almighty admin.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Meh, can't you just stay with one opinion? Delete TMW, now! :)
(not the forum please)

btw
Bjorn, where he could put his girlfriends, his mom, his cat and his brother and any person who has written a line of code
this line is awesome! :D but Modanung in power would be awesome ;)
Mieze
Peon
Peon

Post by Mieze »

love is in the air *sing* :lol:
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Post by bcs86 »

Platyna, thank you for having hosted The Mana World. I have enjoyed the time playing on your server. Even if you have decided to change your mind, I don't imagine the project leaders would feel welcome any more.

It takes a few reads to understand all of what you have said. To me your English is as incoherent as drunken babbling.
Arilious
Novice
Novice

Post by Arilious »

Platyna, if you are indeed the website host as well as the server host (not sure if you are) you can use a tool such a phpMyAdmin and simply give yourself founder rights to restore your moderator powers.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

as I understand her she wouldn't do that(or only when she is very angry and most likely drunken).
trapdoor
Novice
Novice

Post by trapdoor »

shes got command line access, why would she need to use silly tools like phpmyadmin??

Anyway, doing that would just ensure she stops hosting the server that much sooner.

--
trapdoor
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Not to mention that I have ACP access in this forum. :twisted:

Regards.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

yay meway is happy *hugs to platyna* /me hopes not to get kicked in the head by power lady. Oh and host cant be deleted and such even if they ban themselves there still root and can access from anywhere. On my site one of my admins got pissed so he tried to take over and ban myself. What a tard lol but anyway im happy and my English is not as good as your 0.o do i sound like a drunk?
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Platyna I love you !

If you leave the project and hosting, It's not going to be easy recall TMW without think on your contribution and all that effort invested

I rather think you decide to stay and keep the hosting, (you can keep my love forever) and may be we (or you) can find a way to fix this situation, but...

If you decide to leave, Gracias Totales !
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

This game has somehow become my favorite soap opera...

But seriously how hard would it have been to just work on the bloody game and get along :?:
Platyna I love you
same :mrgreen:
Last edited by Len on 27 May 2009, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel Battalion
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

as hard as you work on your art len
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Ask Bjorn, Len. ;)

I love you too guys (*grabs some kleenex and wipes her nose*).

Regards.
Drizak
Peon
Peon

Post by Drizak »

omfg, thanks for hosting the server all this time ;D
stimpyjcat

Post by stimpyjcat »

well... ive been playing this games for years but... just a little every year (like every game that i play :lol: ) and always forgot my char names so everytime start from zero (same for the forum :? )

wanted to thank to the one that is working on the host of the server until now and do what is best for you (everybody needs to move on sometimes), dont think on others or on the project, just on you :wink:

cya ^^

ps: if you want to fork, do it with a post apocalyptic theme :twisted: (srry, im waiting for a PA MMO for years and still nothing :oops: )