Connection issues and lag lock ups...

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Pandemonium
Peon
Peon

Connection issues and lag lock ups...

Post by Pandemonium »

So I exspect to deal with lag because I'm in Italy and the best connection in my area is ADSL. But this last few days its REALLY bad and locks up for minutes at a time... making the game nearly unplayable accept for 'maybe' and hour a day.

I'm new to linux and I'd like to do a ping or a trace route to the game server... Could any one tell me how this is done? I want to see were the problem router is so I can complain to my service provider...

Thank you
aroleon
Novice
Novice

Re: Connection issues and lag lock ups...

Post by aroleon »

Pandemonium wrote:I want to see were the problem router is so I can complain to my service provider...
I had it 24 hours ago, and earlier this evening a few hours ago too, and I'm in Australia.http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com had http://themanaworld.org up and down intermittently for six-eight hours yesterday, before I gave up and went to sleep.

Not sure if it's the data center or the server, but it looks to me like it's closer to the server end than the client end.

aro
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The server was being DDoSed.
aroleon
Novice
Novice

Post by aroleon »

Thanks for letting us know. Just curious, is the server in a data center, and are they aware of it?
Pandemonium
Peon
Peon

Post by Pandemonium »

Still getting it... took me near 10 minuets to get from the cave with the 2 skulls in it, to in the town just a couple maps down...
aroleon
Novice
Novice

Post by aroleon »

That's because a minuet is in 3/4 time. Try a charleston or salsa. :)