Prison (for in-game jerks!!)

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Prison (for in-game jerks!!)

Post by DonCBen »

So we have these so called "rules" that the constable tells us about when we first start, right? And as it is, they don't/can't really get enforced that well. What if there was a jail that people could be sent to if caught breaking those rules. It would cost GP to get out, the amount dependent upon the offense. (ooohhh... possibly even a stocks, so everyone could see the names of people who suck!) Of course moderators would have to be wandering the maps and have access to a code (such as the @die, @kill codes) that would send the offenders off. Or maybe there could be a job class, allowing certain players to be police officers in-game (knowing, of course it is a privilege that can be taken away if abused).

I know this isn't a perfect idea, and probably difficult to program. But it's just an idea. Any thoughts??
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Re: Prison (for in-game jerks!!)

Post by Black Don »

this is why we ask people to look through the forum before making a "New" suggestion, to see if it does not all ready have an active topic on it.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... lit=prison
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Irvine
Novice
Novice

Post by Irvine »

Now im not going to lie. Thats probrably one of the best ideas that ive seen on here. I know that it may be a good idea. But there would also have to be improvements. For some people who have slower internet speeds, there should be separate rooms. (incase of lag) And for the money type of thing, they should not only have to pay, but, should also have to spend some ammounts of time in. Here are like the time levels.

Spamming->1 hour
Abusive Behavior->3 hours?
Botting->Long time, would have to be a GM decision if they even care.

But that would be a good idea. But where would it go?

Irvine
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

there is the "government building" north of Tulimshar square. The NPCs say something about the basement...

Also, they should be stripped of all items until they make bail. be in jail in your underwear!!
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

Black Don wrote:this is why we ask people to look through the forum before making a "New" suggestion, to see if it does not all ready have an active topic on it.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... lit=prison

Sorry bout that, I'm seriously a noob when it comes to forums :?

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

DonCBen wrote:What if there was a jail that people could be sent to if caught breaking those rules.
What's the difference between jailing someone and just using a temporary ban? The effect for the offender is the same: not being able to play for a period of time.
It would cost GP to get out, the amount dependent upon the offense.
So when you are rich and you can afford the fine you can be as abusive as you want?
Or maybe there could be a job class, allowing certain players to be police officers in-game (knowing, of course it is a privilege that can be taken away if abused).
Giving people GM rights automatically without a manual background check? Sorry, but this is extremely careless. There are reasons why we are so careful with selecting game masters. The option to remove these automatic GM rights after an abuse is not an adequate control instance, because when a case of GM abuse already happened the damage is done and it is already too late.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

I didn't mention that the job of police officer would go without a thourough personal check, because i thought that would go without saying. And then still, the present moderators would have seniority to take the privilege away. I didn't mean that just anybody could aquire the right to send people to jail.

And as far as being able to break rules just because your rich: It's like that in the real world, isn't it? I would at least slow down SOME of the rule breaking.

John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

Crush wrote:
DonCBen wrote:It would cost GP to get out, the amount dependent upon the offense.
So when you are rich and you can afford the fine you can be as abusive as you want?
Just like real life
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

But that's a part of real life which sucks. When you design a game based on real life experience you should only simulate the good parts of real life.

That's why dishwashing simulations sell so bad.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

...Unless they're made by Nintendo.

Wii dishwashing!! And now, all new Wii Law Enforcement Corruption!
~Feline Monstrosity
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

Like I said to begin with, this is obviously not without some difficulty. And it's just a suggestion.

Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

Seriously, the people who are going to be breaking the rules like that are mostly going to be n00bs who don't have any money. However, I'm poor, and I sure ain't going to break no rules. The time sentence is best. Anyway, Aethyra has a gaol - didn't you know? I agree that TMW should get one, but it should be better. And the gaol time is different to being banned, because you have to be logged in for the time to pass. So of course it shouldn't be quite as long, but long enough. And not only that, but if you commit the same offense again, you are in gaol for longer.
I like the gaol. It should be creepy. And with bats in it, just so the people can have something to do. But they don't drop anything or give experience points.

~lock 'em up,
Enchilado

"...you've done your show, and now it's time for your applause. Clap them in irons!"
~ Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters
Cecil_Burrow
Peon
Peon

Post by Cecil_Burrow »

I hope that very severe punishments can be imposed for speaking in a language other than English in public. I can't even begin to explain the way in which people speaking non-English words in public detracts from everyone's overall gaming experience. Using non-English words is selfish, and goes against the spirit of open-source software.

Like my friends in Alabama say - if you want to speak a language other than English in public, that's fine; but you should go back to Mexico or China first.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Hi,

Once again the english speaking issue...

Please Cecil... Do players have to go throught TOFEL before playing TMW ?
should all no-english first langage countries push-pull english in school so that our 10 years old players speak english in tmw

just a joke... on general basis

never forget this is worldwide
don't fall into discrimination
english in public is forbidden

a
bjr (bonjour) slt (salut) --> Hi
ça va ? --> how are you?

english langage people are so found of how nice and cute french langage sounds :D
as the french kiss too :oops:

ok i'm out :lol:

have a nice sunny day 8)

Regards
Last edited by Jumpy on 12 Jun 2009, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
InspectorShameless
Novice
Novice

Post by InspectorShameless »

[EDIT]
Last edited by InspectorShameless on 13 Jun 2009, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.