Winter Town

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Monique
Peon
Peon

Winter Town

Post by Monique »

Ok...
Here is a new suggestion I wonder how you all feel. Winter town has no purpose after a few quests, nobody returns. What if this was a town where magic didn't work? Some story about an energy field prevents it.

I personaly am not crazy about magic, I don't hate it but... If winter town was a magic free zone, those of us that choose not to use it or want to see it can hang out there. But of course, we would need new monsters... One that would be easy is an Ice Skull in the ice cave. And perhaps another Jacko, like Jacko-Frost. OOO thats good, I just thought of that. LOL. Jacko-Frost could have his own drops like... Ice Cream Cones that are like Big Potions or other winter related things.

I really do love this game, I just hope my idea gains some momentum. The map is there already, just needs a little work.

respectfully yours...

Monique Veronique (Nique Nique) Dion
anotherone
Peon
Peon

Re: Winter Town

Post by anotherone »

It good idea. I think to work it need just few more NPCs (banquer and magasinier), and monsters full of valuable items, like red slimes, for middle-leveled players.
Humble 5xlvl.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

The ice skull could float around wearing a santa hat.

The Santa slime that is there already gives more exp points than red slime. Just that the current drops they have are not as valuable as the red slime drops.
Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

Great idea, there could also be icebats instead of normal bats. Anyway I think the idea is great and i hope it appears in TMW.
8)
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Savi wrote:ice skull
Monique wrote:Jacko-Frost
anotherone wrote:red slimes.
Coolkid 782 wrote:icebats
Come on, guys! Don't you have any really new ideas for monsters which go beyond recycling what we already have?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

how about something called an icedimond, it could breath out cold air and freeze you for a couple of seconds. :wink:
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
Hades
Peon
Peon

Post by Hades »

Crush wrote:
Savi wrote:ice skull
Monique wrote:Jacko-Frost
anotherone wrote:red slimes.
Coolkid 782 wrote:icebats
Come on, guys! Don't you have any really new ideas for monsters which go beyond recycling what we already have?

How about a "Yeti" type or an Snow ape or something that camouflage to the white, or maybe a snow ghost??? LOL :P :P :P

Hades

:mrgreen:
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

I don't think the winter Town/Village (Nivalis) is even a permanent addition to the Argaes continent... in the long run it might be in Kaizei. Since the current focus is development of Argaes (until it's mapping is complete and sprites for all the other races can be made to help flesh out the other continents), this might be why Nivalis doesn't see much love [unless I'm way off on it's plans]. This is not to say it won't be added apon, since it's current purpose is to provide more variety in environments and content.

I was hoping that Nivalis would see placment somewhere on Argaes as one of the snow-capped mountain tops on one of these fine locations:

I'm still hoping :D

See Geopgraphy.

It still needs an overhaul on some of it's tiles (though we can definitely benefit from more indoor tile variety already). A snow covered tree set needs to be made from the new tree set (or preferably just from the firs). An expansion of the outdoor mapping and possibly another ice cave (but deeper) would make the whole place more interesting and more opportunity for quest placement. If Nivalis is indeed on another continent, it'd be nice if the Taro NPC wouldn't be used as a portal to it, but rather another NPC could provide teleportation to it, or better yet, be accessible by boat from the docks provided certain prerequisites to get there have been met.

Monsters variety would still be nice to replace some of the reused ones, but IMHO, ice skulls would be too much of a retread, and a Jacko-esque snow man should be held off until there's significant variety of boss monsters or it'll feel like a retread too. We might benefit from recolorable Wolves. (I think Lora Tay still mentions Ice Wolves in her dialog?), Fate still needs a Wind Monster, and something other than fluffies and pinkies need to occupy that ice cave would be nice.
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Fern
Novice
Novice

Post by Fern »

- Evil living snowman, throwing snowballs
- Grinch, stealing drops and running very fast, hard to catch
- Small and fat penguin ( for the linux lovers ;)) walking with a funny animation
- Huge polar bear/Walrus/Yeti, moving slowly but high str/vit
- Saber-toothed white tiger, high str/agi, low vit
- Ice elemental, perhaps semitransparent, making it hardly visible when it's standing still in the ice.
- A hole in the ice, if you get close enough a hydra/bluedragon head will pop out, it won't move but if you are in range it will attack you.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Fother J wrote:A snow covered tree set needs to be made from the new tree set (or preferably just from the firs).
Work on one was started.
Fother J wrote:If Nivalis is indeed on another continent, it'd be nice if the Taro NPC wouldn't be used as a portal to it, but rather another NPC could provide teleportation to it, or better yet, be accessible by boat from the docks provided certain prerequisites to get there have been met.
That's the plan.
Monique
Peon
Peon

Post by Monique »

People

I think we have lost sight of the point here. Whatever monsters you want to create, go ahead. The point of this post is a MAGIC FREE ZONE. I only recomended ice skulls and such to make it easier for the artists, but if you want to create all new, go ahead (though that would add months to the project).

So lets regroup and refocus on the original idea. One town in all TMW where no magic can work, where we MUST deal with thing as warriors and not as mages or whatever. Some RPG games have something similar, why not here. The idea is to have options and diversity in the game.

respectfully yours

Monique Veronique (Nique Nique) Dion
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Or places where certain character classes can't go. Why not also then an area where blades or bows don't work?
~Feline Monstrosity
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

Maybe certain areas would require certain items to be worn to get into the new area.
Create new weapon that would only be effective in snow town. Weapons like a fire axe or fire arrows.
If you are looking for new monsters for the area, what about a polar bear, a seal or a penguin. Could also add a mob boss called Frost which would be a snowman head with crystal arms and legs. It would blow frost at players like the poison skull blows out poison. The affect of the frost would be slower attack speeds.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I like Savi's idea of certain weapons only being effective in certain areas. That would bring another element into the game.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

I've always thought that Modanung's Image would make a nice base for a cool yeti type monster.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad