I want you

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

5- (Apart of eA dev team) (eAthena emu for RO)
Does that mean you've been in eAthena dev team?
AppleGirl
Peon
Peon

Post by AppleGirl »

Elven Programmer wrote:
5- (Apart of eA dev team) (eAthena emu for RO)
Does that mean you've been in eAthena dev team?
lol I still am in the eA dev team.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Wow you'll be very helpful if you want to contribute! (Maybe I've seen at Aegis board?) You're welcome, why don't you join the irc channel so we can discuss better?

[url]irc://irc.freenode.net/manaworld[/url]
SquallX7
Peon
Peon

Post by SquallX7 »

1 - Perl, Slight VC ++, C (only tried in linux)

2 - Even though I'm really young, I'm quite experienced in Network Programming, Especially in Perl

3 - Never heard of it.

4 - Linux RedHat 7.1, Windows 98, and Windows XP

5 - Never Played

6 - Enthusiastic

Post by Guest »

1 - I rather use C++ (object oriented), can program in every other language I've tried when given a few hours.
2 - I've played around, familier with windows winsock and linux sockets.
3 - Allegro - Never used it, personally use opengl for crossplatform 2d and 3d, not much 3d experience.
4 - I use mingw on windows, I use a heavily modified dev-cpp ide. I also use msys and cygwin.
5 - I've played around with eAthena, I make custom changes to it for several servers including adding commands, finding and fixing bugs, ect.
6 - I'd like to see a project like this succeed, but I'm cynical and expect others to be exceedingly lazy.
Ardaen
Peon
Peon

Post by Ardaen »

argh... stupid guest posting. hate when its enabled 'cause I always forget to log in... anyway, to repeat.

"1 - I rather use C++ (object oriented), can program in every other language I've tried when given a few hours.
2 - I've played around, familier with windows winsock and linux sockets.
3 - Allegro - Never used it, personally use opengl for crossplatform 2d and 3d, not much 3d experience.
4 - I use mingw on windows, I use a heavily modified dev-cpp ide. I also use msys and cygwin.
5 - I've played around with eAthena, I make custom changes to it for several servers including adding commands, finding and fixing bugs, ect.
6 - I'd like to see a project like this succeed, but I'm cynical and expect others to be exceedingly lazy."
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

hi and welcome Ardean

yu look good an dont worry,we need help on the network side and yu look like to know a lot
about it,we gonna apreciate =)

yu should come on irc to talk about it
VDM
Peon
Peon

Post by VDM »

1 - Programming languages
C,C++, Java, php, html/css, vbscript/vb6 and some C#.. played with perl too.. still intrested in python but cant do it all at once :)
Im also known with UML (use-cases, class diagrams etc etc), ERD (entity relation diagrams) and DFDs (data flow diagrams).

2 - Network programming experience
Basics in C/C++ with linux and windows. Fairly with java. (hardly can be more easy!) Wrote a simple IRC bot in php once :p (yes i was bored)
Did a framework design and networking part of a collage project in java.

3 - Allegro experience
none, but did play with SDL.

4 - Developement platform and tools
DOS, any version of Windows, Many Linux flavours, some with FreeBSD and Solaris(x86).
VC6, general linux development.. so make, gcc/g++, anjuta/kdevelop etc.. so basically the Windows and Linux env. Some cvs too ofcause.

5 - Knowledge of RO, RO servers emulators and preferred server
RO? Does Ultima Online counts? Played that for 3 years.

6 - Any other info you think it's important...
This project seems to remind of of Zelda on the SNES. I always wanted to create/join a project that developed a game like that as a mmorpg.

I studied informatics (inc CCNA, Suns UNIX fundamentals and 2 MCP tickets) at collage, so my skills are broad if i may say so. ATM i study "techincal" informatics at a Uni. Most intresting part of that is web, application development, databases and now continues with ASM and lower system stuff for the next two cemesters. (Juuhj!)

Im not making prommises but i am intrested in the project.
Will see what happens after i studied the code, bug and harras you peeps at IRC :p

Well its about 7 in the morning, recon this wil have to do for now :)

I added this here just in case someone might wonder what skills i (supposed to) have. *grins*
Last edited by VDM on 24 Aug 2004, 06:00, edited 1 time in total.
Shura
Novice
Novice

Post by Shura »

* C++ (no plain C plz, it's awful)
* PHP4/5
* MySQL
* AppleScript
* a little Bash shellscripting :)
* did some network parts of my MMORPG server
* many PHP4/5<-Socket->custom server stories ^^
* none
* (Linux/gcc) x86, macppc, dreamcast & mac68k
* (NetBSD/gcc) x86, macppc, & dreamcast
* (MacOS/codewarrior) macppc & mac68k
* basic ro-protocol knowledge, i'd prefer eAthena b/c it's GPL don't like the source too much though
* ~5 years C++, private projects
* 2 years C++, professional/comercial projects
* 3 years PHP4/5 professional/comercial projects
well, i don't care much about the looks of an application rather than for the internals & design. mostly i like to outsource gui-things and do the low-lewel stuff. most likeley that's why i didn't add HTML & JavaScript to PHP+MySQL. :wink:
though i really like astonishing beautiful design, i do not talk projects dead. :oops:

oh yes, i like to tweak things out of machines for which they were not meant for. like running netbsd on my shower-head. :lol:

yes, i would be interested to work on tmw. i have almost 24/7 to spend on private matters (between jobs) if it wouldn't be for nfs* but as a matter of fact i get distracted quite easily by other things when i can't seem to make progress b/c of missing docs. :evil:
this is nothing you guys should do to make me join rather than to make the code more readable for others as well. a few more comments here and there should be enough in the source. i think as well, rthat there should be an outside-source documentation which roughly explains the application-design and may more things. :!:

* need for sleep
Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Wow VDM you seem very talented programmer, it would be great if you can help me a little :D

Eh eh kth5 finally you decided to join the dev team, I'm very happy of that!
VDM
Peon
Peon

Post by VDM »

Thank you :)

Most stuff i did is background stuff, and alot aint and prolly will never finished too.. new things draw my attention all the time, lol.

Just have to note, im no genious and memory aint a strong point too.
Just doing me study fairly and had possabilaties to pickup some extra papers too! :)

Anyway, about the project.. i looked on this forum for the last couple of days but im still not sure what the direction of this project is.
No descriptions, plans or designs. Maybe ill start a thread later at the dev section wich will ask some questions to clear some stuff up. If not for me then maybe for other peeps.
Posts++
Ramez
Peon
Peon

Post by Ramez »

I've been hanging in the channel for a bit now, and would like to contribute when my time allows. First to answer the general questions.

1. C, C++, C#, VB, PHP, Java, HTML, SQL (MySQL and Postgres)

2 - Minimal Socket experience from .NET tutorial

3 - Minimal tutorial code

4 - Perferred: Linux with VI/eMACs w/ BitKeeper for Code Repository
Experience with: Windows w/ .NET & Visual C++
Apache ANT & Torque
Sun Application Server

5 - Played in both open betas, but no scripting experience.

6 - Knowledge of wide variety of networking equipment

I'll be PMing some additional info.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

A talented programmer is always welcome. You also have some experience with allegro and ro :arrow: this will help a lot. I know you are very busy but you can really help us, that's why I want to see you soon and maybe we should talk on IRC, come back to the channel when you can! :wink:
Tato

Post by Tato »

I know this post is like 2 months old, but I asked on mIRC and they told me they still needed coders, so here is my application =):

1 - Programming languages
C / C++, VB, Perl, PHP -_-;;
(However, about c++, Im still learning how to make an efficient object oriented programming)

2 - Network programming experience
This is what I like most. I was working on an emulator for World of Warcraft, I finished the Network code and part of the core and basic packets. After Blizzad shutted down all servers I haven't done too much coding, but I've been trying to decrypt some MMORPGs packets.

3 - Allegro experience
None, I've worked with SDL though =O.

4 - Developement platform and tools
I work on winxp, but I've worked for a year or so on Linux Mandrake with C and Perl. However, since I dont use the windows gui most of my code is cross-platform.

5 - Knowledge of RO, RO servers emulators and preferred server
Played it for 2 years, 1month before it went p2p, then private server, then 3-4 months again in iRO Sakray, then private then stoped ;P. I know about RO packet structure and I've worked with jAthena code, but I never released anything because I never finished it ;P, but personally, I didnt liked the jAthena code structure.

6 - Any other info you think it's important...
Well, I'll like a lot to help mostly in the Network part, because is what I've done most, if you dont have a packet structure yet I'll like to help with that because I have some ideas. I'll like to collaborate in the scripting system because it's what im currently trying to learn.
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

wow. thats very impressive.the team will be happy to see yu by our side.the irc chanelle are a little zombie but friday yu should talk to the "boss". and get some nice info about the current development ;)