spell book

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

spell book

Post by Coolkid 782 »

ok here is my idea,

There should be a book that contains the spells that u have learned and would continue to grow on each new spell that you learn. On each page there will be one spell and a description of the spell. You could get the spell book from an NPC. This would help out alot instead of having to write down the spells on a piece of paper and it turns out losing that piece of paper. If this idea has already been said or is already made then sorry for wasting your time. If not the please consider my idea.

8)
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
Demonoid
Peon
Peon

Re: spell book

Post by Demonoid »

Nice idea but I thought about some special spell notes u can use in your shortcut bar.

The amount is unlimited und and u can achieve them for money in a special shop or quest.
It wouldn't be that hard to realize something like that.
TMW changed my Life! Let it change yours! Start playing!
Fern
Novice
Novice

Re: spell book

Post by Fern »

I do like the current system, it was a very nice idea.
You can keep the spells you have learnt in a txt file in your desktop, if you want. Remembering the spells is part of the fun ;)

Another good thing about this system is that spells are sometimes transmitted from player to player... mouth to mouth.. this brings a social dimension to spell learning.

Also, the typing is nice cos it's like a spell cast delay.. the harder the word is to type the longer the cast.

What i don't like in the current system is that spells are way too expensive, almost always consuming items, and not being as useful as spells of other games are.

The spells are pretty impressing for showing up, but you wouldn't normally use them for fighting or any other thing, just for leveling your magic power and showing them to your friends. Currently you cannot depend on spells, you will still need to be a ranger or swordsman, you will spend more time hunting for items than using the spells. Characters based on INT stat are pretty worthless. For being a wizard you first have to be a tough fighter too.