Hi!

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Sull
Novice
Novice

Hi!

Post by Sull »

hi dear admin

i think im the first one to join yur forum =P,but i got the
same idea as you.I have many idea and concept to share with
you.

im am an old ragnarok online fans and im still at learning the opengl
interface, i got some kestion for yu! =)

1-does it support linux?

2-are yu gonna do a 2d char interface into a 3d world?

3-your game will be free?

4-are yu going to use C++ as main language?

4-how old are you and where yu from(curious)?

thats all the kestion i got for the moment thx for yur future answer!

ps:sorry for my so-so english
Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

yea, those are some good questions, this project sounds like a neat idea.
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

yea but the admin dont like to be active =(,il will be happy to help im with his projet !
Genis
Novice
Novice

Post by Genis »

same here
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

hi genis im happy to see that im not alone =P,this project look good but if he dont start or dont get any news i will start it myself maybe this site dont look too old and the moderatur look like busy. but did you got some concept so share with us?.you can program?,draft,i will be happy to know it =)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Plz excuse me but I was away from home for a while and now I'm fighting with some nice virus. :oops:

Thank you to join my forum now I'll answer all of your questions...

1 - I'm a windows programmer sorry and until I find someone who'd like to convert it to I don't think it's possible. But I'm using Allegro library wich is very portable so I don't think it would be a hard work...

2 - My idea, if you ever played "Secret of Mana" is to create a completely 2D game not such as RO to merge 2D and 3D. Here is what I'm talking about http://digilander.libero.it/eugeniofavalli/

3 - Yes my game will completely be free, also the source code for the client side, but I'll need someone who host the server...

4 - Ok if you're courious I'm 23 and from Italy

Hope to see you again on this forum :wink:
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

nice to get an answer =), allegro library look nice and a developement for linux will be easy.i can try to convert it for yu! i got many *nix machine.but i got some other kestion of the future of the game

1-job support in your game?
2-what are the requirement,connection etc
3-guild party etc?
4-lvl limit?

thats all

PS:if yu need a startup server,i got a 60kbs/upload connection at home,a dns,and a pc thats always on
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Thank you very much Sull for supporting my project! :D

You seems very interested so I'll try to give you as much infos as I can, probably the site and the forum and the site will be updated every week end (I study away from home and don't have an internet connection).

1 - There will be job support as in RO as in Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) novice->swordman->knight for example, but I'm not planning this right now, because the game is in very early stage. Actually I'm starting coding netwrok related stuff and evaluating wich is the best way to develop this project. (Good ideas are welcome!).

2 - If you intend machine rquirements, well I don't really know but I hope less than the RO client regarding graphics and about the same for connection.

3 - Yeah why not, I like them! :roll: (And they're already done by the RO server emulator)

4 - I think this would better decided by players in beta test.

Wait for updates next sunday, I'll post some code so we can get into the things... :arrow:
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

thx yu im impatiant to see the first release =P
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

hum yea and i got a few more kestion

are yu the creator of http://digilander.libero.it/eugeniofavalli/(Final RPG Project,The Alliance) ?

i know that the source of the game use alegro but doest it use direct interaction with directdraw directinput or any of windows only binary?

thx for yur quick answer =)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Yes I'm the creator of these projects, don't know if that makes you feel happy, but remember these are quite old projects... :oops:

Sorry but I didn't catch the meaning of the other question. Probably you want to know how Allegro works? Allegro is a library wich provide an easy interface to DirectX and platform specific code ( in this case windows ).
In Final RPG Project I used Allegro for everything and this is also my intention for The Mana World except for net routines wich should be written using winsocks... :arrow:

If you want further infos, please try to be a little clearer in your questions because I don't understand english very well. Thank you. :)
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

im happy that yu are answered all my kestion,thx i will get more when i gota see the first release =)
natsuki
Novice
Novice

Post by natsuki »

i also like 2d rpgs,
that's why i want try help^^
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

If you have some old project to show feel free to post some link.

Here is one of mine: http://digilander.libero.it/eugeniofavalli/

Post by Guest »

Elven Programmer, saw your project^^

they great!