Vote now: Mush and Shroom Hat should be again obtainable...

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Should be Mush and Shroom hat rare dropped by Spiky and Evil Mushroom?

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 58
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Vote now: Mush and Shroom Hat should be again obtainable...

Post by Ginaria »

My Suggestion:
Mush and Shroom Hat should be again obtainable...

How to realize in praxis:
Both hats should be a rare dropped by a Spiky Mushroom (drop Shroom Hat) and a Evil Mushroom (drop Mush Hat), like it is realize for Pinkie and Fluffy Hats...

Positive effects:
-People looks more funny dressed...

Negative effects:
-Shroom and Mush Hats in game lost in value

Someone like this idea or is this idea bad???

Every, who dont know Shroom and Mush Hat look here:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... Head_Armor

And sorry for my english...
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Re: Vote now: Mush and Shroom Hat should be again obtainable...

Post by Jumpy »

any rare should be obtainable... on very rare basis drops such as the clover...

what ever the rare it is.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 990#p57990

read the link inside the post please http://paste.servut.us/xe0

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Jumpy wrote:any rare should be obtainable... on very rare basis drops such as the clover...

what ever the rare it is.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 990#p57990

read the link inside the post please http://paste.servut.us/xe0

Regards
We like unobtainable objects, its one thing that give game and the players more character
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

i am not sure about this

a rare imho should be droped by mobs so that any player can have it if he fights in the right place at the right drop rate

a "you fight you gain" would be my position ;)

but
it
is
imho

:)

regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
erebe
Peon
Peon

Post by erebe »

Hello,

maybe if we want to keep very rare status, there could be some limit, like
not more than 50 in game

and adjust drop system with such constraint

But yes, if we know that when killing on monster or when making one quest ( a similar one of Ishi maybe ), I think I'll like it :D

Erebe
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

Although the Mush and Shroom hats are my favourite hats in the whole game, I am against this idea. They are very rare and costing around 500k at the moment and I barely even have a fifth of that (just a few more days killing those darn bats...) and even then owners may not want to sell.
I think I would feel so much ... happier about my hat if I worked for ages saving up the cash and then finding a willing buyer if I knew they couldn't be obtained any more.
However, I think there should be a lot more new items of clothing, because it is really the most important aspect in the game. Who cares what kind of weapon you have? You can't see it; it's just how much damage it takes off. Whereas clothing is what defines you. Sonic always has spiky blue hair and blue clothes. I have Epic Mystical Banana Wear.
For the Mana World-based game I was/am designing (although I can't code or pixel so I have no idea how it would get made...) I was thinking of various types of jackets, shirts, skirts and pants which could be graphically different in-game, as well as whether it would be possible to have a dyeing system where you can choose any possible colour by a combination of Magenta, Yellow and Cyan herbs - although of course they probably wouldn't be called that.
Back to TMW, which I love even if I was designing another game, there could be full sets of Pirate, Indian, Sailor, Inuit, Parrot and more clothing which the player could collect, as well as a whole range of animal hats: Skull Helm, Slimy Cap, Bat Hat, Squirrel-tail Cap, Scorpion Crown, Maggot Earing, whatever.
But as to the Mush and Shroom hats, keep 'em unobtainable.
Ðelta
Peon
Peon

Re: The neutral solution.

Post by Ðelta »

In my opinion it should give both sides an acceptable chance.
I like the Idea to have for example a unobtainable paperbag hat.
But I would also like to have mush or Shroom hats whitout paying so much.
The solution in my opinion is an event.
3 days a year (Friday to Sunday) there is a event of mushrooms dropping this rare hat.
Between this days you should be able to obtain these hats with a drop rate of 0.04% for example.
In this time it will be extremely hard to get that hat because everyone is killing mushrooms.
This will be a neutral solution.
Pandemonium
Peon
Peon

Post by Pandemonium »

I find it rather sad that there are 25 votes and only a few opinions are given in the thread.

Unobtainable items are an important part of any MMO. They keep people playing for there chance at owning super rare items... I personally have no desire at owning either of these hats... They are mundane only slightly creative hats that give no benefit in a fight. I don't feel said hats are worthy of 'Unobtainable' status... A re-hued warlord plate would be much more worthy of 'Unobtainable' status... Gold, black, copper, bronze.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I personally hope that unobtainables will sometimes cycle back in on some future event after 2-5 years have past when they were last available. I am against giving monsters a bunch of hats as drops, though both the pinkie and the fluffy hats have their own particular niche that brings them in. The pinkie hat being a low level mage hat that Hinnak likes and the fluffy hat being the hated hat of Sagatha. The mushrooms don't have a storyline at the moment that would make sense to add, but I could see something developed for them.

I am also more for customized rare warrior, archer or mage items over fashion items.
Current character is "Abolish".
undecim
Peon
Peon

Post by undecim »

I think that items that are no longer obtainable shouldn't be reintroduced if any player has them. Maybe if the last one is accidentally sold to a general store, they can come back, or once there are only a few left, GMs could spawn a few as prizes for an event, but don't go just adding them back as a drop.
"I think, therefore I exist" is a flawed logic. If the universe were a function, any mathematician could graph our synapses.
Just as the sine wave resonates and e^x is its own derivative, we need be only an idea to do anything at all.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

I believe the two hats in question should be added back in the same way the Fluffly and Pinkie hats are in the game, simply because Mush and Shroom hats aren't really anything special. Unobtainable items should actually be special, such as the crown and golden plate armor; there are plenty of [hat] graphics - why have trivial things such as mush and shroom hats that have their respective monsters merely walking around as rares?
The game is still pre-alpha with new graphics coming out all the time, no reason not to change which items are rares - it will have to happen eventually anyways.
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
pateame

Post by pateame »

The question on poll just ask about Mush and Shroom hats, but people take that as a global monster drops question. If drops are enabled with a paranoid drop probability... mmmm
¿Did mouboo hat should be dropped by mouboo?, ¿did rudolph slime drop antler hat?..
I think no, I dont have any rare because they are just fashion and doesnt help me on my stats (and even on lvl 88 Im too poor as to buy one).
But if those items will be used on storyline with NPCs or magic quest, I think could be good to get them more easy. pinkie and fluffy hat are just like a gift for mid-class warriors, rares are for "rare" people :shock: .
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

You could always beat-up the happy mask dealer until he gives you one :P
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

I’m always in favor of having extremely rare drops, with very very low drop rates :)
0.01% might work
Pixel Battalion
Getafix
Novice
Novice

Post by Getafix »

If you make shroom and mush hat obtainable, the ones who spend millions of GP on it will go waste because mushrooms, the ones that can EASILY be killed will drop them. What's the point even, making all the rares obtainable again and ruining the collection of rares of other people is not a good idea. Not at all!. My vote is no no and no.
Sometimes, it is better to forgive your foes, this annoys them the most.