the game updates everytime i log in

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
darkshuriki
Peon
Peon

the game updates everytime i log in

Post by darkshuriki »

it "Updates" my client every time i log on even though i still have the most recent client.
idk what to put......hello world?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: the game updates everytime i log in

Post by Crush »

The updater does not update your client software - it downloads the game content. It is normal that this takes a while when you start TMW for the first time. But afterwards it should only download the list of content files needed for playing (resources2.txt) and then either finish when it realizes that it got everything on the list or download one or two smaller updates which got added since you started TMW for the last time.

Is this the behavior you are experiencing or does the updater download the complete game content again everytime you log in? In the latter case there might be a problem with your operating systems file permissions (further information required).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
darkshuriki
Peon
Peon

Post by darkshuriki »

it downloads the complete game client every time
idk what to put......hello world?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

darkshuriki wrote:it downloads the complete game client every time
Like Crush said, you already have the complete client. It's downloading the data. What operating system are you using, and are you using a special build of the client (ie not from our downloads page or a Linux distro repository).
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I had this problem whenever I would move my data from the default folder it downloads in, so I just stopped moving it. Don't know if this might be the problem.
Current character is "Abolish".