Spawn Rates

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Goku
Knight
Knight

Spawn Rates

Post by Goku »

Were spawn rates changed over all? Or in certain areas?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Spawn Rates

Post by Turmfalke »

yes
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Yes. Spawns in much of the woodland were changed.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

What about Snakes in the desert? And that one sea slime spot?
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
peavey
Novice
Novice

Post by peavey »

Goku wrote:What about Snakes in the desert? And that one sea slime spot?
yes they were fixed too.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Please do announce changes to the gameworld in the client news?
This message used to be meaningful.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

So most spots were fixed.. good to see the best camping spot was also changed, oh wait.. :P
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Goku wrote:So most spots were fixed.. good to see the best camping spot was also changed, oh wait.. :P
We don't want camping spots, people should have to move to find stuff.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

:roll: It was sarcasm and that's what I meant. The "best" as in exp gain wise hasn't changed. Meaning the Skull Room.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

one skull is a skull room... those that mean cave cleaning won"t be possible like 5 to 6 on same spot in cave before jack0 or up the 2 skull spot ?

anyway ;)

just thoughts :D

Regards

and +1 for new spawn rates :)
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

I don't get what you're trying to say Jumpy.

I'm saying it's still too easy to camp in the skull room where about 4 or so spawn. But now that you mention the other part aswell.. the entrance of the Hurnscald mines where 2 skulls spawn.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Goku wrote:I don't get what you're trying to say Jumpy.

I'm saying it's still too easy to camp in the skull room where about 4 or so spawn. But now that you mention the other part aswell.. the entrance of the Hurnscald mines where 2 skulls spawn.
It has been talked about removing that skull spawn. Though too many people would complain.

First we want to look at using a boss fight as the main way to gain xp, since it can't be botted, and should be more fun then killing two skulls over and over again.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

More Boss monsters in general would add fun to the game. Not only as a way of getting exp, but just having to team up to beat the boss. Like a Jacko.

So you didn't think others would complain about the other spots? Do you really let that kind of stuff influence you? Sure you should care about the players, but not be afraid to make a change that would be better for the game. Both spots mentioned should be changed.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Amun
Novice
Novice

Post by Amun »

Goku wrote: So you didn't think others would complain about the other spots? Do you really let that kind of stuff influence you?
The community should be the first concern (referring to the majority of the players) because with out them the game is worthless and just some pretty code.

Now my opinion on spawns :D
In my opinion I don't see why there needs to be such a worry about spawns or botting for that matter. I mean seriously how does it really hurt anyone if someone static levels on a spawn using auto attack and goes afk to gain experience. As far as I know (not being snooty I am really not sure) there is no pvp on the server, no type of player ladder, so really what does it matter if someone gains more experience then you especially when it's not some "1337" hack or third party prog, anyone can do it. If anything I say add more spawns or a training ground where people can afk lvl gaining a fixed amount of experience.

Either way spawns no spawns I'd still enjoy and play the game :D I like it so much it's currently the only game I play now!
The ManaBuzz
Stay informed with the latest Mana News.
No BS... but the truth might hurt.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Goku wrote:More Boss monsters in general would add fun to the game. Not only as a way of getting exp, but just having to team up to beat the boss. Like a Jacko.

So you didn't think others would complain about the other spots? Do you really let that kind of stuff influence you? Sure you should care about the players, but not be afraid to make a change that would be better for the game. Both spots mentioned should be changed.
The JackO is a bad boss. Anyone monkey with half a brain can just keep giving more stats to a monster until its ultra powerful.

We are aiming to create smarter monsters. Ones that use specials.