Should there be another status reset NPC?

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Getafix
Novice
Novice

Should there be another status reset NPC?

Post by Getafix »

Well, as the topic says. I believe there should be a status reset NPC in Hurnscald for a quick reset. Malivox is way too far from the people who die and spawn back at Hurnscald, since there are two (or more) sex change NPC's, I would like to suggest another status reset NPC inside hurnscald, or near hurnscald (probably near Andra?).

--Regards
Fix
Sometimes, it is better to forgive your foes, this annoys them the most.
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Re: Should there be another status reset NPC?

Post by Cotillion »

Getafix wrote:Well, as the topic says. I believe there should be a status reset NPC in Hurnscald for a quick reset. Malivox is way too far from the people who die and spawn back at Hurnscald, since there are two (or more) sex change NPC's, I would like to suggest another status reset NPC inside hurnscald, or near hurnscald (probably near Andra?).

--Regards
Fix
I will agree. However, the long awaited 'travel system' will make this less of an issue. I anxious to see what form the travel takes, although at this point i'd be happy with <right click stone> --> offer a soul & respawn @ {pick your destination}
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Maybe we should also only allow cheap stat resets on the weekends.

Stat reseting is not supposed to be so easy.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
peavey
Novice
Novice

Post by peavey »

Lazy much?
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

No matter what you're stats are you can sit down as long as you have the right amount of basic skill points. So you guys are fine.. :P
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Getafix
Novice
Novice

Post by Getafix »

But the "long awaited" travel system would still take time (and will need GP??).
Sometimes, it is better to forgive your foes, this annoys them the most.
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Fother »

I'd rather see something different (but related) implemented...

The base idea is some NPC that will let you reduce a certain block of your EXP for a price, but will give you an item that will restore the same amount of EXP when used. This will of course reduce your level (or multiple levels) depending on how big a block of EXP this thing does, and also add one heck of an economy item to the game. [Stat points would probably need to be reset to make it work anyhow]

An example of this would be to use pateame's fountain as a "fountain of youth", where a fruit tree next to it (possibly using Seradest's magic fruits Image as the EXP containing item.). So throwing in 10k GP into the fountain will shave off 10k Exp, and clicking the fruit tree NPC next to the fountain will yield a fruit per each 10k Exp chunk. You could use it to reduce your level, reset your stats, sell your life away, or use it as a means to transfer your Exp to another one of your characers. :idea:
"Fother" Jarrett Huxley
Evil Pixel Artist
Wiki Page | Trello | Google+ Profile
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Fother J wrote:I'd rather see something different (but related) implemented...

The base idea is some NPC that will let you reduce a certain block of your EXP for a price, but will give you an item that will restore the same amount of EXP when used. This will of course reduce your level (or multiple levels) depending on how big a block of EXP this thing does, and also add one heck of an economy item to the game. [Stat points would probably need to be reset to make it work anyhow]

An example of this would be to use pateame's fountain as a "fountain of youth", where a fruit tree next to it (possibly using Seradest's magic fruits Image as the EXP containing item.). So throwing in 10k GP into the fountain will shave off 10k Exp, and clicking the fruit tree NPC next to the fountain will yield a fruit per each 10k Exp chunk. You could use it to reduce your level, reset your stats, sell your life away, or use it as a means to transfer your Exp to another one of your characers. :idea:
in TMWServ we use "correction points", which in theory could be bought.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P