Spawn Rates

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Goku
Knight
Knight

Re: Spawn Rates

Post by Goku »

Players are not the first concern. The game is. No players then no game? So be it. If more spawn points were changed, I doubt a single person would quit the game because of it. And if they did, they were here for all the wrong reasons anyways.

And maybe that's why you don't care.. botting should be allowed? There actually is PvP in the game.. and even if there wasn't, getting high lvl's in an MMORPG is one of the ways people play. Others socialize, others want to get the best items, etc.. even if there was no PvP, there's still pride in being one of the highest lvl's around.

And you know if there was no point and everyone just botted all day long how bad that would lag the server? If it was allowed no one would ever log out.. just think about it. Camping is not as bad as botting, but again, if people were to quit because their fav camping spot was removed then the community isn't losing much. Sitting in one spot is great gameplay.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I can not speak for everyone on the development team but I develope the game not for the players but for myself.

When the players like it: good for them. When the players dislike it: bad for them, but there will be other players to take their place who have a taste more similar to mine.

I am not getting paid for the online user count, after all. So I make the game I want, not the game the mob wants. When you want me to develope a game exactly the way you want then pay me and I will follow every single one of your whims no matter how retarded I think they are.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Amun
Novice
Novice

Post by Amun »

@Goku I never claimed anyone would quit because of spawn points and I totally agree with you I doubt anyone would. I was simply posting my opinion and at the end of my prior post as I already stated either way I don't actually care I find the game fun.

And when I was referring to botting I actually meant camping as in other threads I seen them referred to one of the same. I mean it is perfectly legal to camp, so honestly what does it matter if someone is starring at their monitor or goes afk to take a piss or whatever reason.

@Crush I realize this is not a project you get paid for and I am sure everyone appreciates the work you put into it. I know I do. I am kind of surprised your attitude you take towards the community, simply because it is what makes this game so fun to play. In my short experience on the game I found most of the players really accepting and helpful. And I know it's not by some magical fluke such a great community exists :wink:
The ManaBuzz
Stay informed with the latest Mana News.
No BS... but the truth might hurt.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The community is being taken into account.

This, as Crush said, does not mean we implement everything people want.
This message used to be meaningful.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

That's not what I was saying at all either. The player community should be taken into account. But saying you fixed all the spawn points/rates except one because "too many people would complain" is giving those players too much power.

Maybe if it was a valid reason, but does anyone here think camping at any skull spot is fun gameplay? If that spot was changed and required players to move around, they'd probably thank you for showing them how to have fun in TMW (maybe in a perfect world, but you get the point).
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

We're trying to come up with a better solution.

Before that is ready to be pushed online, we're taking the path of least resistance and keeping our testerbase happyily playing.
This message used to be meaningful.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Crush wrote:I can not speak for everyone on the development team but I develope the game not for the players but for myself.
I get a thrill when others use software I write. In many ways it makes me feel more powerful. The more people that use my software and ideas, the bigger the thrill.

A lot of people are turned off by games which are too hard or too easy, so finding a balance is hard.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P