Graveyard wall

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

John P
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Graveyard wall

Post by John P »

Recolored gargoyle and the facemask look great!

Would it help the vertical fence to bend some bars inward/outward? Based on the condition of the fence, I would imagine some of the bars sticking out as well as side to side. This might be too hard to do and create confusion, but its a thought.

I still think its done like it is, though!
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Destroyed wall:
Attachments
graveyardwall-maptest.png
graveyardwall-maptest.png (52.04 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

imho the colom parts seems brand new the lower part on the ground looks great with the stone by the sides.

Regards
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Tucker
Peon
Peon

Post by Tucker »

HI...
Attachments
This will look cool... I think?
This will look cool... I think?
gargoyle-recolor2.PNG (4.4 KiB) Viewed 3292 times
adamaix
Novice
Novice
Location: A secret garden hidden deep in the woods of Hurnscald

Post by adamaix »

My eyes, somebody please gouge them out -_-

Firstly, the server can dynamically recolour objects so its useless. Secondly, its the most hideous art I've seen.

Please somebody, create a BIG sticky saying "NO RECOLOURS ARE WANTED".

EDIT: Okay, so after a second look, I see that although your pixel art is poor, you were trying to communicate the concept of red eyes. In future, do not be obscure in your posts please. My apologies.
Pandemonium
Peon
Peon

Post by Pandemonium »

Firstly I'd like to commend you on the walls, they look great other then a few details.

As mentioned in the tombstone thread they look new and too solid...

Give them some block seems maybe lighten the color up a bit. Add cracks and chips to the whole set, over grow the grass, add a touch of moss or perhaps some vines...

Thanks for listening,
Pan
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

1: the darker it is for this project the better we dont want it to look to nice and neet
2: old abandon graves are needed
3: vines as suggested before by someone are a good idea but when u make the vines on an edge u got to move them off alot so it looks rite. so when your done don't post the work rite away take a look at it and than c if it looks good.

(note: for user TUCKER) dont be discouraged by harsh insults about your pixle art. please continue being creative we need more of creativity on this project so any bit of encouragement is a help in my eyes and my most of trying to be a part of this project myself i have given up twice and still came back to try again.

(note: for devs) keep up the good work and if u really worked on it could be done already ;) I would like to see some work from the devs who are not on to often and keep us all up to date on there projects.Its ben a while for me as well. haven't ben on to much.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

If the Graveyard had an archway with open gates you could put some type of attacking vine over the archway. As you try to enter the grave yard the vine monster would attack you.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Here are the tilesets with the source files in case someone wants to play with them (modify tiles, add tiles, do mapping experiments etc.)

My critics will be happy to notice that I added a bit noise to the shading of the walls to make them less new and that I added separations to the walls to give the impression of separate bricks being used (but i tried to do it quite sublimal because I think it destroys the look I am going for and makes the grid very visible)

The single spears in the lower right area of the x3 tileset are helper-graphics not inteded for mapping.
Attachments
Woodland_graveyard_x3.png
Woodland_graveyard_x3.png (49.87 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
Woodland_graveyard_x3.xcf.gz
(101.81 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Woodland_graveyard_x2.xcf.gz
(29.04 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Woodland_graveyard_x2.png
Woodland_graveyard_x2.png (25 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

I’m having an issue with my mother’s computer, its not showing the alpha channels on the message board (my computer needs a new graphics card, so I’m using hers). I actually corrected what appeared to be JPEG Artifacts when I realized your Crush and you wouldn't make that kind of error… :oops:
Pixel Battalion
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Len wrote:I’m having an issue with my mother’s computer, its not showing the alpha channels on the message board (my computer needs a new graphics card, so I’m using hers). I actually corrected what appeared to be JPEG Artifacts when I realized your Crush and you wouldn't make that kind of error… :oops:
Old version of Internet Explorer maybe?
  • NOT a game master

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I did the grass integration of the wall tiles. I also added the long overdue path endings to the woodland ground tileset to use them for graves.
Graveyard-maptest-pathend-grassint.png
Graveyard-maptest-pathend-grassint.png (221.19 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
  • NOT a game master

Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

I added the draganstatue and a skull symbol on the walls. And I recolored the gargoyle and added some texture, that it fits the wall better.

quick testmap:
tileset:
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Do you have the skull and the big dragon statue as single graphics without the columns somewhere? That would make it much easier to put them into the project file properly.

The dragon looks awesome and would surely be a great addition, but I am not a fan of placing it on two separated columns standing that close to each other. That looks really strange. Maybe we could use it to decorate the archway of a gate...
  • NOT a game master