Anti poisons

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Do you like the idea for anti-poisons?

Yes.
56%
No.
44%

Total votes: 18
tapion
Novice
Novice

Anti poisons

Post by tapion »

Anti poisons for protecting from monsters poisons.
Attachments
Protects from poison for 5 minutes.
Protects from poison for 5 minutes.
Anti-poison3.png (341 Bytes) Viewed 1380 times
Protects from poison for 3 minutes.
Protects from poison for 3 minutes.
Anti-poison2.png (344 Bytes) Viewed 1380 times
Protects from poison for 1 minute.
Protects from poison for 1 minute.
Anti-poison1.png (330 Bytes) Viewed 1380 times
sj16936724
Peon
Peon

Re: Anti poisons

Post by sj16936724 »

I don't think that anti-poison potions would be a very good idea, primarily because the richer players could just buy thousands of them and then have an unfair advantage in places with poison monsters.

On the other hand, a spell that would temporarily protect you from poison would be nice (I don't know if this exists or not). It would probably be quite costly and have a long recharge time, for those times when you just need to run as fast as possible.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

We already have something that removes poisons.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

sj16936724 wrote:I don't think that anti-poison potions would be a very good idea, primarily because the richer players could just buy thousands of them and then have an unfair advantage in places with poison monsters.

On the other hand, a spell that would temporarily protect you from poison would be nice (I don't know if this exists or not). It would probably be quite costly and have a long recharge time, for those times when you just need to run as fast as possible.
We already have potions and spells that affect poison.
Ben141
Novice
Novice

Post by Ben141 »

Somewhere around here theres a thread that says how much LUK you need to avoid poisons.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Combination of VIT and LUK.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

I Propose to invent a Monster repellent , that makes monsters not to attack you for a limited period of time , which you could use to pass through a colony of spiders blackscorpions and similar without fighting and without dying.
That gives me an idea for a quest , put aggressive monsters back in the beach between hurnscald and tulishmar ,
and force newbies to win this expensive rare item so they can travel to a new zone , or maybe even invent invincible aggressive monsters that kill you at the first hit , and make 99 lvl players have to drink the repellent (this would be a very nice surprise for botters :D )