Regarding Auto Attack

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Magick
Novice
Novice

Regarding Auto Attack

Post by Magick »

I just thought i would say this while reading the updates. I do not believe that auto attack shold be available. This beats the whole purpous of having a player controlled game. If you make it auto attack then you are doing what most mmorpg's do now. A game that does not have auto attack is much more original and i honostly do not believe that this was a good improvment on the game. The player should actually get involved with the game instead of clicking once and having something else do all the work. Well..tell me what you think. Cya :P

~Magick~
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

In my opinion we should improve the auto attack to the level of other MMORPGs, which would include not requiring the cumbersome holding of shift and would have the player automatically walk within range of the monster.

There are a lot of people who do prefer the target mode, and it'd be silly to forcefully not support this. Imagine for a moment that we would, there would still be nothing to stop anybody from writing an auto-target patch and distribute his own version of "TMW + autoattack". Also we'd be annoying everybody who prefers the auto-attack to the point of doing a silly attempt to force them to use their keyboard. For people like you, we could as well have an option in the config that would disable the auto-attack.
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Regarding Auto Attack

Post by Kyokai »

Magick wrote:I just thought i would say this while reading the updates. I do not believe that auto attack shold be available. This beats the whole purpous of having a player controlled game. If you make it auto attack then you are doing what most mmorpg's do now. A game that does not have auto attack is much more original and i honostly do not believe that this was a good improvment on the game. The player should actually get involved with the game instead of clicking once and having something else do all the work. Well..tell me what you think. Cya :P

~Magick~
It's been a long time since I checked up on TMW. I'm a bit disappointed to say nothing's really changed. In the end, it looks like we probably will end up with another RO clone instead of the first directly-controlled MMORPG I was imagining it would become. (~sighs~) Maybe I'll check in later and find some better results. At the moment, I've become a bit disenchanted with the whole, stagnant project. :(
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
Sull
Novice
Novice

Post by Sull »

Imagine for a moment that we would, there would still be nothing to stop anybody from writing an auto-target patch and distribute his own version of "TMW + autoattack".
even if there no target system,ppl will still be able to change the code or get the source and made there own bot.its inavoidable.(Ragnarok)

i think a mix between the 2 should be aplied

like diablo.when you click and hang on the left trigger,it will atack the monster till his dead.if you release it will stop atacking.its a nice mix for these lazy ppl.

and its still posible to add this method to the keyboard as well.
it looks like we probably will end up with another RO clone instead of the first directly-controlled MMORPG I was imagining it would become. (~sighs~)
exactly.its already look too much like iro,but anyways it temp until we are using there own server. maybe there should be had a discussion about this feature(atack system).
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

You can't start with a totally player-controlled MMORPG, we don't even have a world that could be controlled.
There are enough things that need to be done first.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Re: Regarding Auto Attack

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Kyokai wrote:
Magick wrote:I just thought i would say this while reading the updates. I do not believe that auto attack shold be available. This beats the whole purpous of having a player controlled game. If you make it auto attack then you are doing what most mmorpg's do now. A game that does not have auto attack is much more original and i honostly do not believe that this was a good improvment on the game. The player should actually get involved with the game instead of clicking once and having something else do all the work. Well..tell me what you think. Cya :P

~Magick~
It's been a long time since I checked up on TMW. I'm a bit disappointed to say nothing's really changed. In the end, it looks like we probably will end up with another RO clone instead of the first directly-controlled MMORPG I was imagining it would become. (~sighs~) Maybe I'll check in later and find some better results. At the moment, I've become a bit disenchanted with the whole, stagnant project. :(
Well I'm sad to hear that, we've made a lot of progress in the meanwhile I think, we're slow of course but that's because we also have a life, and we need more poeple to help us.
About the control system well my idea is still the same, try to support both mouse and keyboard control. I don't if that will be possible, but at least I'll try.