PvP battle

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

kasra5004
Peon
Peon

PvP battle

Post by kasra5004 »

Hi.

As i see in a lot of mmorpg games, pvp factor is an important thing. but in tmw we just have a pvp arena and in other places people can only talk. And without pvp battle, there isn`n any real way inorder to prove your supremacy and show your powers.we just walk around and hit stuff and lvl up! the multiplayer thing is now something for chat and deals, not a real battle!

I think we can at least make pvp an optional factor for high lvl players! or even make it as a spell , u know, u cast a spell and unlock pvp!
Goku
Knight
Knight

Re: PvP battle

Post by Goku »

Wasting your breath, er.. finger muscles? It'll never happen.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

There's been lots of discussion about it before. If a lot of people want it to happen why shouldn't it?
~Feline Monstrosity
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Because there is an equally large crowd of people who don't enjoy PvP.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Hasn't (insert how many years TMW has been around) been enough for that crowd? :P
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Part of the issue I think is that their is no real way to prove your skills, battles are almost already pre-decided.

This will change with TMWServ and specials.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Lots of factors could come in, especially when it's not 1 on 1. Maybe guild vs guild, or group vs group, mages can then come into play, archers, etc.. different builds.. the monsters around you..
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
kasra5004
Peon
Peon

Post by kasra5004 »

I guess a kind of limit can solve the pre-decided thing. u know, for example a player in lvl 10 can only attack the lvl 9,10,11,12 players. The pre-decided problem is usually in pvp battles between high levels and low levels, but with the limit, we don`t have that much problem.Goko is right there are a lot of factors that affect a battle.

Any way we can at least have PvP battles between groups and parties.
Darkfangex
Peon
Peon

Post by Darkfangex »

isnt there a dungeon already lol its 50 gp to go there. i hate it tho cuz it basically slaps archers across the face by making us unable to use bows in pvp. :twisted:
!!!KEANE -EVERYBODYS CHANGING!!! my chosen song that I think fits my role in tmw :(
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

You can't use bows in the arena? And ya, but that place is like a graveyard..

And PvP everywhere would be much more fun.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster