Graveyard - time to get it going

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Graveyard - time to get it going

Post by Crush »

I'll be on vacation from July 18th to August 8th.

I was hoping to be able to finish this before this vacation, but unfortunately some real-life things came in between. This does of course not mean that you can't do anything while I am away, just don't wonder why I don't give any feedback.

You have my blessing to release the two first swamp maps with a few scattered undead monsters on them while I am away, but the graveyard itself does still need some work.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Savi
Novice
Novice

Post by Savi »

If you had a spell that would allow you turn yourself into a skeleton that might be a good way to enter the graveyard. If you can not turn into a skeleton (magic level to low) you couldn't enter. Makes it so you have to have some experience before going to that new area.
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

Crush wrote:I'll be on vacation from July 18th to August 8th.

I was hoping to be able to finish this before this vacation, but unfortunately some real-life things came in between. This does of course not mean that you can't do anything while I am away, just don't wonder why I don't give any feedback.

You have my blessing to release the two first swamp maps with a few scattered undead monsters on them while I am away, but the graveyard itself does still need some work.
Looking forward to some new maps..... ;)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Savi wrote:If you had a spell that would allow you turn yourself into a skeleton that might be a good way to enter the graveyard. If you can not turn into a skeleton (magic level to low) you couldn't enter. Makes it so you have to have some experience before going to that new area.
Shapeshifting is not worth the effort to be implemented on eAthena, in my opinion. But my opinion is not that important regarding eAthena development. The eAthena faction of the dev team implemented a lot of features I considered superfluous.

But it would nevertheless not work without a new client version and this would mean that the graveyard would have to be delayed until we drop support for the current version which usually takes several months after a new version is released.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
MacMurks
Peon
Peon

Grave stone

Post by MacMurks »

Why not just use a prism grey(granite or marble) piece of stone with just R.I.P written?
A half round edge on the top, that's it!
I'm not a good GFXer, but someone else might take up that idea.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Grave stone

Post by Crush »

MacMurks wrote:Why not just use a prism grey(granite or marble) piece of stone with just R.I.P written?
A half round edge on the top, that's it!
Because that would be lame.

I've returned from my vacation and I am full of energy again. Work on the graveyard will continue soon.
  • NOT a game master

Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

I'm going on holiday myself (leaving at 5. am tomorrow morning) and will be away for seven weeks with no interent. I will have a computer, though, and plan to use this time when TMW is not available (it distracts me...) to work on some tiles and a quest plot, and quest graphics. The quest I had planned was not for the graveyard, but to help this speed along I can work on one for that and make my other one later...
I will be back about September 25th, I think. Here are the projects I plan to work on while away:
(Please, though, I may prove useless - don't not work on them because I am!)
Expectancy Scale (how good I think I'm going to be at it...) = 1 - 10, with 1 most expectant and 10 'I haven't a hope'.

Graveyard Tileset - expectancy scale 6.
Graveyard Map - expectancy scale 1 (if I have tiles...).
Graveyard permanent quest PLOT - expectancy scale 1.
Graveyard temporary Hallow'een quest PLOT - expectancy scale 1.
Graveyard permanent quest GRAPHICS - expectancy scale 3.
Graveyard temporary Hallow'een quest GRAPHICS - expectancy scale 3.

~and maybe a few more ideas... I wonder what'll be happening when I get back?
Enchilado
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I am sorry, Enchilado, but you have to understand that we can't delay the graveyard for seven more weeks until we have the first version of your work. When you want to use your off-time for TMW I would suggest that you start something entirely new.

My current deadline for the graveyard is September 1st because I haven't got much RL work until then but afterwards I will have much less free-time.
  • NOT a game master

Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

Crush wrote: My current deadline for the graveyard is September 1st because I haven't got much RL work until then but afterwards I will have much less free-time.
Fantastic! :)

September 1st is just around the corner.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Inkweaver wrote:Fantastic! :)

September 1st is just around the corner.
No, it's not fantastic at all. When it doesn't get finished until then it might be delayed for several month or even become another forgotten project.
  • NOT a game master

Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

What all needs to be done? Just for everyone's reference.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I updated the overview on the first page.
  • NOT a game master

feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

Wait, have you decided for certain that you're going to use my track? You seemed pretty keen to use yours, plus it'd be a shame to waste it. Not that I'm complaining or anything. :P
I'm on holiday until the end of this week but I'll post the most recent version when I get home (it's only a minor change, replacing the "broken rhythm" bit).
~Feline Monstrosity
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

feline monstrosity wrote:Wait, have you decided for certain that you're going to use my track? You seemed pretty keen to use yours, plus it'd be a shame to waste it. Not that I'm complaining or anything. :P
I'm on holiday until the end of this week but I'll post the most recent version when I get home (it's only a minor change, replacing the "broken rhythm" bit).
Both are useable for different areas.
John P
Warrior
Warrior

Post by John P »

[Quests]
one day a while back I wrote some dialogue for two NPCs/one of the quests. It assumes some kind of town-hall type of building for a little backstory of the second character (which Hurnscald oddly doesn't seem to have at the moment -- although this is a minor issue for another topic)

Here is a pre-scripted dialogue for the caretaker quest if anyone would be so helpful as to take on the task of NPC creation (I have no talent in that area). Hope making the job easier will entice someone to take the task:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... aker_Quest

Using this quest would also require 'the bride' zombie/skeleton to be more of an NPC that a monster (ie unattackable) or otherwise unharmable somehow. If this is a problem, the idea can always be tweaked ;)

Thanks!

ps. Cemetery backstory refresher just in case to promote idea-making:
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... d_Cemetery